Trusted Contributor

Re: Bring Back Lisa Robertson!

Its so funny how much LR is still wanted and requested..she was hugely popular unless QVC paid up and offered her an astounding deal i dont see it happening. The Monday shows are terrible now. Jill Martin has ruined GILI it has no style or signature. Whats awesome if LR had a purse and accessories that reminded me of old GILI. Lisa is enjoying her life. While I loved Kathy Levine she left nearly 20 years ago she woyldnt be relevant to the current QVC audience. The network has so changed since she was a host. Lisa return would be huge i just dont see it happening. Maybe Lisa will go to a rival network. Right now she is building her brand and company. Lisa Robertson is the type of woman who could make her net worth go from 5 to 50 million shes so talented and gorgeous.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't think Lisa  is really "building" anything. She's put out a few pieces of non-descript jewelry, a stuffed animal or two, and did, I think, one issue of  a vlog (some version of that word). Nothing's really taking off in any big way.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

What IS "so funny" is that people continue to respond as if these were genuine comments by a genuine person instead of what they are. People still keep biting. SMH.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Actually what is so tragic is the way people hang on her every word and thought. I was always brought up to think for myself and not to follow others.

I was a leader not a follower, to me most of the tribe members are followers, who are possibly looking to find what that do not have.

I follow Lisa on FB and really laugh at most of the things she posts and the comments her TRIBE makes.

She is a former TV shopping host, she is not a style maker or an icon, whe will nto cure cancer or war.

Choose who you idolize, and make wise choices.

---------------

@JONNYSBRO wrote:
Its so funny how much LR is still wanted and requested..she was hugely popular unless QVC paid up and offered her an astounding deal i dont see it happening. The Monday shows are terrible now. Jill Martin has ruined GILI it has no style or signature. Whats awesome if LR had a purse and accessories that reminded me of old GILI. Lisa is enjoying her life. While I loved Kathy Levine she left nearly 20 years ago she woyldnt be relevant to the current QVC audience. The network has so changed since she was a host. Lisa return would be huge i just dont see it happening. Maybe Lisa will go to a rival network. Right now she is building her brand and company. Lisa Robertson is the type of woman who could make her net worth go from 5 to 50 million shes so talented and gorgeous.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

They could hire Lisa  R back as Creative Director for GILI.  Jill Martin has three other jobs so could Lisa R.  Lisa did a better job at selling GILI than Jill Martin.

Honored Contributor

Yes Lisa is building her brand.  How well remains to be seen.  She is going to be selling holiday decor, hence the x-mas tree in the background during her chats now.

She is also going to be doing handbags and other fashions.  Not sure when those items will be coming out.

Honored Contributor

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

GILI is a home shopping tv channel house brand.  It is NOT designer clothing.  People can get real "designer" clothing for the same price now days.  Why would it be successful?  I don't see how Lisa would be relevant today either.  The world has changed a LOT in the last 10 years.  Tastes, spendatures, what makes people "in" is not a handbag now.  

Social media changed the world.  There is too much choice now, too many places to buy better for less.  I mean really, how many people ever heard of the woman outside QVC?  And now her main platform for public following is greatly reduced.  I wish her success, but I don't see her coming back.