Honored Contributor

Re: Week Eight of the 2018 NFL Regular Season!!!

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

Countering this Eagles passing offense will be a challenge. Jeffery is willing to fight for the ball and can win those fights. Tate is one of those annoying little guys who always gets open. Agholor can do pretty much anything. Ertz is a beast at tight end. Goedert is becoming a beast at tight end, and if all that's not enough, Sproles will back catching passes out of the backfield. I'm expecting the Eagles to see a lot of zone defenses in the coming weeks. Not many teams can match up man to man with those guys. Then it comes down to the o-line giving the speedier receivers time to stretch the zones so Ertz, Tate or Agholor can set down in a hole in the zone for an easy ten to fifteen yard pickup. If the linebackers drop deep to fill those voids, you've got Sproles coming out of the backfield and running wild. If the DB's don't drop deep enough, they'll find Agholor, Tate or another receiver flying past them. Defenses pretty much have to concede three quarters of the field to the Eagles now and hope they can stop them in the red zone. 

@gardenman

In terms of Redskin's trade I was just speaking in general terms of a counter move....We got another Bama Boy---

As far as receiving corp Tate's pickup gives the Eagles an excellent weapon, and Eagles might have the best TEs.....BUT there are still issues on the defense in the secondary especially CB and also S, and also at DT.........

Also a concern at RB.  A team needs a good running game if there turns out to be bad weather---the great equalizer (Giants, Redskins twice-home and away) and also in the playoffs (thinking about Bears, and/or can you rule out Aaron Rodgers as a wild card team?), also Carolina.....LA and dome teams shouldnt be a problem though....

I think it COULD be a fight to the finish in the NFC Least!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

I didn't expect Golden Tate to land with the Eagles; I'm glad that the Colts have already played them. Don't have to worry about dealing with another WR to cover. Woman LOLWhy did the Lions trade him? Was it like the Ebron situation? Somehow I don't think it's the same, so I can't figure out the reasoning.  

Clinton-Dix is a good signing for Washington. I didn't kniw he was on the trade block. 

Montgomery went to the Ravens. One article said that Harbaugh could be fighting for his job, so this is a good deal for Baltimore. Sunshine45, is Harbaugh really in danger of being fired if the Ravens don't make the playoffs? :

Demaryius Thomas went to Houston. That makes sense, as the Texans just lost Fuller to IR and needed a replacement. 

@teganslaw

I wonder wonder what Aaron Rodgers thinks of trade of Clinton-Dix???  He needs his team to play some defense, it looks like they are bailing on Rodgers....I know Clinton-Dix's contract is coming up but Id wait until next year to talk trades, because the Pack was right there still in the hunt for the NFC Central ---the Vikings defense has gone missing, and Capt Kirks offense cant pull off a win for the Vikes.....And the Bears are kinda iffy.......

Boy the Pack showed no mercy trading away Montgomery that didnt listen to direction and cost the Pack that game!!!!..The Coach certainly sent a message to the players.........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

The whole NFC looks like a fight to the finish. The Rams seem solidly in front in the West, but no one else is really pulling away. The Giants are rolling over and playing dead. The Cards and Niners are likely out, but everyone else is still in the fight at the halfway mark. I think a few of those tie games may play a big role in determining the wild cards. It's going to be interesting to see how it all plays out.

As to running being more important later in the season, that's true, if you don't have a strong armed QB. If you've got the right QB with a strong enough arm, the weather becomes less of an issue.
Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!