Honored Contributor

Week Eight of the 2018 NFL Regular Season!!!

The Dolphins take on the Texans. I guess I'll take the Texans at home.

The Eagles head to London to take on the Jaguars. I'll take the Eagles.

The Broncos go to KC to get crushed by the Chiefs. The Chiefs are the better team and playing at home.

The Redskins take on the Giants. This could be Eli Manning's last game as a Giant if he doesn't play well. I think the Redskins will win pretty easily.

The Seahawks take on the Lions. Kind of a toss-up, but I'll take the Lions.

The Bucs take on the Bengals. Another toss-up to me, so I'll take the Bengals.

The Jets take on the Bears. The Bears are better. I'll take the Bears.

The Ravens take on the Panthers. Which Cam Newton will show up? The ineffective guy from the first three quarters last week, or the unstoppable Cam from the fourth quarter? I'll take the Ravens.

The Colts take on the Raiders (or what's left of them.) I'll take the Colts.

The Niners take on the Cards. I'll take the Cards at home.

The Packers take on the Rams. I'll take the Rams, but the Pack could test them a bit.

The Saints take on the Vikings. Maybe the best game of the week. I guess I'll take the Vikings at home.

And the Patriots get the equivalent of a bye by playing the hapless Bills. I'll take the Patriots.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Week Eight of the 2018 NFL Regular Season!!!

The Jaguars seem to own London and always play well there, so it could be a good game. After his benching, Bortles could be out to prove something. 

I'll take Luck over Derek Carr, but the Colts shouldn't take Oakland too lightly. Despite everything, the Raiders can be unpredictable. Indy needs to go in with all their weapons. I have a good feeling about this game, though. The main concern is who will take Vinatieri's place if he can't play. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Trusted Contributor

Boycotting the Steelers v Browns game?
Trusted Contributor

@JillyMarie Why is that? 

Honored Contributor

@JillyMarie wrote:
Boycotting the Steelers v Browns game?

Had it on my list but I skipped it while posting. I'll take the Steelers, but it could be a pretty close game.

The Giants are looking like they're in full on rebuilding mode now. They've traded away their starting corner (Eli Apple) and now their starting defensive tackle ("Snacks" Harrison.) Can OBJ be far behind? If they can find a taker, I'd expect both OBJ and Eli Manning to be gone by this time next week. The front office seems to have thrown in the towel on this season, and I don't think Eli or OBJ figure in the long term planning right now. Jacksonville would be the logical landing spot for both, but we'll have to see.

I still think moving Nick Foles to Denver makes sense for both the Eagles and Broncos. Denver's in a tough spot out West with KC and the Chargers both playing well. Denver's two games behind the Chargers and three behind KC. They've got lots of competition for a wild card spot. The Eagles likely won't keep Nick next year at $20 million, so this would be a good option for Denver to audition him for the rest of this season, then decide to keep him next year or move on. A player for player trade is most likely. Foles for a starting DB or wide receiver. Maybe toss in a conditional pick besides. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

@Lori Kaye wrote:

@JillyMarie Why is that? 

I'm not boycotting the game, I was just kidding with gardenman.  He left it off his list of games and predicted ouitcomes.

Honored Contributor

Nick Foles to Denver is looking more possible as they've now released Chad Kelly their former backup QB. Kelly's had some issues with conduct that forced the Bronco's hand. Nick is as solid a citizen as you can find, so he'd be a good change for them and given Case Keenum's less than spectacular start, Nick could end up starting for them.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I didnt do too bad in my picks last week.....Woman Very Happy

Here's my choices such as they are---

Dolphins vs Texans--Osweiler will start for the Dolphins, and also they are putting WR Wilson on IR....they have a disgruntled player, Parker that wants a trade...Meanwhile Texans have a 4th straight win....picking the TEXANS!!!

Eagles vs Jaguars---London game---the Jags are a mess, I'm taking the EAGLES who need a win to stay in the hunt for the lead in the NFC East Division

Broncos vs Chiefs--The Broncos dont have the talent on offense to match Mahomes and company--CHIEFS for the win!

Redskins vs Giants--The Giants are clearing their locker room Apple and Snax are gone who is the next to go??  Taking the more stable locker room--REDSKINS for the WIN-HTTR!

Browns vs Steelers---Poor Browns they are cursed, lost another OT game, and to add to their woes Hue is going to call plays.....No Levon Bell--no problem---taking the STEELERS!!!

Seahawks vs Lions---The Seahawks were thought to be rebuilding, but they continue to be relevant and play tough.  The Lions got a good win last week.  Taking THE LIONS at home!

Bucs vs Bengals---Just when you thought the Bengals had their act together they got blown out by the Chiefs, BUT the Bengals are a better team, and have the better QB---going with the BENGALS..............

Jets vs Bears---The Bears Trubisky made some mistakes...which cost the team they almost beat the Patriots, the Jets were no match for the Vikings, and no match for the Bears---DA BEARS will WIN!

Ravens vs Panthers---If the Redskin defense can handle Cam, so can the Ravens D---RAVENS ALL THE WAY!

Colts vs Raiders--The Raiders dont seem to care how they do until they get to Vegas----In the meantime they are getting rid of players and stockpiling draft picks...I'm going with the more stable COLTS for the win!

49ers vs Cards---49ers!!!

Packers vs Rams---Aaron Rodgers takes on the best team in the NFL!!!  Rams have too much talent--RAMS!

Saints vs Vikings---BEST game of the week!!! Two potential playoff contenders...and we know how it all went down the last time these two played!!!  Im saying Brees gets  revenge---SAINTS!!!

Patriots vs Bills--PATRIOTS--no contest!!!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here's some interesting NFL schedule updates

On Saturday, December 15--

Texans and Jets will play in New Jersey at 4:30 p.m. ET.

The Browns and Broncos will square off in Denver at 8:20 p.m. ET.

The following Saturday, December 22

Redskins-Titans will start at 4:30 p.m. ET in Nashville

Ravens-Chargers will kickoff in L.A. at 8:20 p.m. ET.

The quartet of games will be televised nationally on NFL Network as part of the arrangement that allows the league-owned broadcast operation to justify the fees charged by cable and satellite providers. By parking four of those games on Saturdays, more Thursday night games can be simulcast on FOX.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

Week #8 ... how can the regular season be half over???!!!

Byes this week are the Titans, LA Chargers, Cowboys, and Falcons ...

Here goes!

Thursday 8:20 pm

TEXANS over Dolphins ... Texans will win easily, imo.

Sunday

9:30 am

EAGLES over Jaguars ... But honestly, this go could either way. Both teams are not playing up to expectations.

1:00 pm

RAVENS over Panthers ... Baltimore should win ... but watch out in the 4th qtr!!Woman Wink

CHIEFS over Broncos ... Mahomes is this year's MVP!!

BROWNS over Steelers ... Still a Baker believer!

LIONS over Seahawks ... Think it will be an easy win!

BENGALS over Bucs ... Another easy win, imo!

BEARS over Jets ... This could be close.

REDSKINS over Giants ... Easy win!

4:05 pm

COLTS over Raiders ... Raiders are too unsettled.

4:25 pm

49ERS over Cardinals ... Could go the other way.

LA RAMS over Packers ... The winning streak continues!

8:20 pm

VIKINGS over Saints ... This is the game of the week! I think Cousins will outplay Brees!

Monday 8:15 pm

BILLS over Patriots ... My upset of Week #8! 

Good luck to everyone!!!