Trusted Contributor

Re: Week Eight of the 2018 NFL Regular Season!!!

I heard some speculation yesterday that if GB does not make the playoffs, Mike McCarthy could be fired. And if that happened the thinking was that the Browns could then hire McCarthy!

Another name floated for head coach with the Browns was Lincoln Riley, Baker Mayfield's coach at Oklahoma.

Whatever they do I just hope the Browns do not screw this up even more for Baker Mayfield! He has that rare "spark of greatness" imo ... and deserves to be in an environment that will fully develop his talent.

And as to @teganslaw's question as to when the Rams may lose, I am going to go out on a limb and say they will not lose!! (But if they do lose I think it will be to SF at the end under Kyle Shanahan who broke Carolina's streak a few years ago when he was with Atlanta!) But my hunch is the Rams will go undefeated!

Should/could be an interesting day leading up to the 4pm deadline!!

Enjoy!!!Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

I'm betting the Rams lose a game, and possibly multiple games. An injury to Jared Goff and the Rams are in big trouble. He's such a big part of their offense that losing him defangs the Rams.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

The Eagles picked up Golden Tate from the Lions for a third round pick. Tate, Alshon Jeffery and Agholor gives the Eagles a pretty fearsome receiving trio.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

Now the Eagles have 4 really good WRs ... and 2 really good TEs!!! Woman Happy

Jeffery, Agholor, Matthews, and Tate ... plus Ertz and Goedert!

I wish they would add another RB but looks like that will most likely not happen. Would love to see LeSean McCoy back as an Eagle!

Respected Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

The Eagles picked up Golden Tate from the Lions for a third round pick. Tate, Alshon Jeffery and Agholor gives the Eagles a pretty fearsome receiving trio.

I can't even talk about this right now.  When my niece texted me I felt the same as I did when we traded Justin Verlander...heartbroken

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here's more bad news for the Giants---

Giants backup quarterback Kyle Lauletta arrested for a traffic offense

The Jersey Journal reports that  Lauletta was arrested Tuesday morning while driving to the team’s practice facility after he failed to obey a police officer’s directions and came close to striking the officer with his vehicle.

“We are aware of the situation and are in contact with Kyle,” a Giants official said. “We are still gathering information.”

Although Lauletta has been the third-string quarterback , the Giants liked him enough coming out of Richmond that they chose him in the fourth round of the draft, and there was increasing talk he was going to get a chance to start....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman @yellowBeetle @teganslaw @redwingsgal

OMG didnt see this coming ---
Redskins acquired HaHa Clinton-Dix !!!!! Packers got a fourth round pick in 2019.  And it looks like Redskins will still have 10 picks in 2019 

Pro Football Focus' top two graded safeties so far this year are the Redskins DJ Swearinger and Clinton-Dix!!! Woman Very Happy  WhooHoo!!!

Perhaps this was to counter the other moves the Cowboys and Eagles made!!!  

Im surprised Foles wasn't moved to Jacksonville or another QB needy team........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Countering this Eagles passing offense will be a challenge. Jeffery is willing to fight for the ball and can win those fights. Tate is one of those annoying little guys who always gets open. Agholor can do pretty much anything. Ertz is a beast at tight end. Goedert is becoming a beast at tight end, and if all that's not enough, Sproles will back catching passes out of the backfield. I'm expecting the Eagles to see a lot of zone defenses in the coming weeks. Not many teams can match up man to man with those guys. Then it comes down to the o-line giving the speedier receivers time to stretch the zones so Ertz, Tate or Agholor can set down in a hole in the zone for an easy ten to fifteen yard pickup. If the linebackers drop deep to fill those voids, you've got Sproles coming out of the backfield and running wild. If the DB's don't drop deep enough, they'll find Agholor, Tate or another receiver flying past them. Defenses pretty much have to concede three quarters of the field to the Eagles now and hope they can stop them in the red zone. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

I didn't expect Golden Tate to land with the Eagles; I'm glad that the Colts have already played them. Don't have to worry about dealing with another WR to cover. Woman LOLWhy did the Lions trade him? Was it like the Ebron situation? Somehow I don't think it's the same, so I can't figure out the reasoning.  

Clinton-Dix is a good signing for Washington. I didn't kniw he was on the trade block. 

Montgomery went to the Ravens. One article said that Harbaugh could be fighting for his job, so this is a good deal for Baltimore. Sunshine45, is Harbaugh really in danger of being fired if the Ravens don't make the playoffs? :

Demaryius Thomas went to Houston. That makes sense, as the Texans just lost Fuller to IR and needed a replacement. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

The Lions traded Tate for two reasons. First, it frees up $4.5 million in cap space, and second, he'll be a free agent at the end of the year and they'd either lose him then, or could resign him then. As it is they get a third round pick, could resign him when he reaches free agency, and only be without him for eight games while gaining a third round pick. The Eagles don't lose a lot because if they lose him in free agency, they'd likely get a late third round pick (maybe fourth) as compensation. He might opt to resign in Philly too, so who knows. It's kind of one of those win-win situations for both teams. It's a huge win for Carson Wentz however. He'll always have an open receiver somewhere. Right now teams are doubling up on Jeffery and/or Ertz. If they keep doing that, he'll now have Tate zipping through the secondary.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!