Esteemed Contributor

Re: Week Eight of the 2018 NFL Regular Season!!!

The fun begins on the run to the playoffs. The Colts are tied with Jacksonville for third place, only two games behind first place Houston. They have yet to play Tennessee and Jacksonville and another game with Houston. 

The offense is doing well, but the Colts still need need a pass rush. The Raiders exposed that weakness, as Carr wasn't pressured and had plenty of time to throw the ball. 

I'm impressed with Adrian Peterson. I thought that his best days were behind him, and wondered if the Redskins had made a mistake in signing him. Have to admit that I was wrong; he is having a great year. 

Anyone want to guess which team will eventually beat the Rams? My idea is that they will fall in a trap game to a divison rival. I don't expect them to be perfect. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

Interesting. Reportedly the Steelers have lowered their asking price for Le'veon Bell to a third round pick. Bear in mind if he leaves the team that trades for him, they'll likely get an end of the third round pick in compensation for losing him. Is it worth sliding back a few spots in the third round to get Le'veon Bell for the second half of the season? There is the slight problem of getting him to sign his offer sheet before he can be traded, which could be complicated, but the price to acquire him is getting pretty reasonable. The Steelers really seem intent on flushing him. I'm guessing they'd prefer an NFC destination for him. When you look at the NFC there aren't a lot of teams that need him. The Rams have Gurley, the Giants have Barkley, the Cowboys have Elliott, the Redskins have Peterson, etc. If he wants to go to a competitive team then the Eagles may be his best option.

DeSean Jackson has reportedly asked/demanded to be traded. Tampa says they won't trade him, but keeping disgruntled guys seldom works out well for a team. These next couple of days are likely to be pretty busy.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Ugh! The Browns have apparently decided to destroy Baker Mayfield. They've fired both Hue Jackson the head coach and their offensive coordinator. That's arguably the worst thing you can do to a kid QB. They need stability to develop and firing everyone around them isn't stability. It's chaos. If you have any clue you might fire the head coach, QB coach, or offensive coordinator, do so before you draft a kid QB. The Browns should have made this move at the end of last season and have a new staff in place for Mayfield. By firing everyone around him now, they've wasted a year of his development and likely set him back rather than moved him forward. Dumb, dumb, dumb move on their part. Mayfield has the potential to be special, but you need to coddle young QB's in this league. Firing everyone around him is never a good thing for a kid QB. It might be best for the team, but it's bad for the kid QB.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw wrote:

The fun begins on the run to the playoffs. The Colts are tied with Jacksonville for third place, only two games behind first place Houston. They have yet to play Tennessee and Jacksonville and another game with Houston. 

The offense is doing well, but the Colts still need need a pass rush. The Raiders exposed that weakness, as Carr wasn't pressured and had plenty of time to throw the ball. 

I'm impressed with Adrian Peterson. I thought that his best days were behind him, and wondered if the Redskins had made a mistake in signing him. Have to admit that I was wrong; he is having a great year. 

Anyone want to guess which team will eventually beat the Rams? My idea is that they will fall in a trap game to a divison rival. I don't expect them to be perfect. 

@teganslaw

I think the decisions your GM made this and new coaching staff has really made a difference in the Colts....

AP has played great and out performed what many thought he could do, but the Redskins already had their bye week and Im concerned Gruden will wear him out.......I hope not!  

This is the Rams remaining schedule---

Saints

Seahawks

Chiefs

BYE

Lions

Bears

Eagles

Cardinals

49ers

Id say the Rams could lose to the Saints or Chiefs......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman

Gregg Williams is the Browns interim HC, a defensive minded coach and that also doesnt help Mayfield....It looks like Mayfield may end up following THE SAME PATH as all the other QBs the Browns have had in recent years. Some of which are no longer in the NFL and the Browns ruined their career SMH!!!  

BTW getting back to the discussion on the Bucs QB Winston....Winston is benched and Fitz is starting for the Bucs this week. On Wingo & Golic they talked about Winston with many NFL analysts and also Adam Schefter..they all said after this season Winstin is done in Tampa, and some said some team could pick him up for a 5th round pick.....one guessed landing spot speculated was the Giants!!!!

Josh Gordon will sit for part of MNF game due to  disciplinary action---for showing up late for work on Saturday....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Winston to the Giants would be interesting. The kid has talent but is undisciplined and needs a good coaching situation. Green Bay might be a better fit for him. Fewer opportunities to get in trouble and a solid coaching staff with a proven record. Spend a few years backing up Rodgers then be ready to take over.

Mayfield needs to hope the Browns make the right choices for head coach, QB coach and offensive coordinator. He could be lost in the wrong situation. I'm not wildly optimistic about his future. Match him with a Sean Payton, Andy Reid, or other QB guru type coach and he could be special. I just don't trust the Browns to make the right call. John Defilippo, their former OC, then Eagles QB coach and now Vikings OC might be their best option, but they're apt to do something else.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Cowboys have fired OL Coach Alexander!

Honored Contributor

I suspect the Cowboys will replace quite a few coaches by the end of the year. Jason Garrett will likely get promoted to the front office, but I suspect we'll see quite a bit of change down there.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

Here's a perfectly useless stat for you. The Brownies firing of Hue Jackson marks the sixth time they have fired the coach after losing to the Steelers the second time they played them in a season.
Esteemed Contributor

I read that there was a power struggle going on between Jackson and Haley. It would have more sense to fire Jackson at the end of last year. That way they could start with a new system in place for Mayfield. This just seems to make things worse. 

There is talk about Golden Tate maybe being traded. What is that about? Tate is one of the top playmakers on the team, so I don't understand. Redwings Girl, or anyone else know if this is true? 

The Packers lost because of a rogue decision by RB Ty Montgomery. he was suppose to take a knee and let Rodgers get the ball at the last moment. Instead, Montgomery ran with it and got tackled and the Rams won. Some are sying that Montgomery should be cut from the team for defying orders. I'm not sure about cut, but he should face some kind of disciplinary action for doing this.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain