Honored Contributor
If for some reason or another you are not symmetrical in front, are "modesty pads" as described here on the Q a good size to help create equality or are they too thick? Hope I'm not being too euphemistic!
Esteemed Contributor

If you're speaking of the ones that I think you are, I doubt that they would be thick enough to make any difference.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor
I am very much no longer symmetrical following a lumpectomy that took about 1/4 of one breast. I have some bras that hold a prosthetic that was custom made for me but i find it too hot to wear most of the time since menopause, so I wear a bra that fits as closely as I can and use a modesty pad to fill in the smaller side. I have considered having a breast implant on that side but as I get older it isn't a big deal to me anymore and I can do without yet another surgery.
Super Contributor

I wear the Q modesty pads every day. I have for years...I work with 90 men and I must make sure at all times nothing is showing through my tops!

Trusted Contributor

There are bigger, thicker pads that sometimes come in some bras. They are removavble. Most likely if you removed one and kept one in, it would do the trick. I am sure Victoria's secret sells the bras and i would think they sell the pads alone, too.

Respected Contributor

I never knew such a thing existed. Very helpful.

Honored Contributor
The funny thing is that as I Lose weight, the issue becomes more pronounced! Go figure. I had a mass removedthat was the size of a lemon.
Honored Contributor

I can't speak to all of them, but the ones for the Genie bras are terrible. They're too thick and obvious under the very sheer bra material. One look in the mirror and I could see obvious triangles under my shirt. No thank you.

If you need modesty, avoid the Genie bra and their "modesty" pads. You may be better off with reusable silicon pads (you can get in some lingerie departments) or buying bras with a liner. None of the bras I've purchased from QVC have enough padded lining to provide modesty for aggressive nipples. I'd say go find a bra you like at a local store and then purchase more of the same bra online.

Esteemed Contributor

I have to laugh at the triangular ones that come with the Genie Bra....who thought that was a good look...lol....

I bought the modesty pads that the Q. sells...they are shaped like we are...also not real thick...but enough coverage to keep us looking nice....

Oops...I forgot to say that I wear the Genie Bras....but I take the triangles out and use the modesty pads...I purchased separately.....

Honored Contributor

I wish we had such a thing in 1980. I was given the nickname "Cool Breeze" the first few years at the CPA firm I worked for, which they then shortened to "CB," which was much more palatable, thankfully. I wound up making my own pads out of tee shirt material, tripled and sewn in a circle. I also wore a lot of jackets. The only other thing I could have done was to buy padded bras which I didn't need and would have made me look ridiculous.

I like the "modesty pads" that come with the Genie bras, but only wear them if I am going out. Otherwise, I don't bother since I am alone in my apartment most of the time. Actually, most of the time I don't wear a bra at all if I am home alone.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986