Super Contributor

Have also been well endowed since I was a teen. Catholic school and cheerleader uniforms were never designed to fit a 13 year old slip of a girl with a 40DD. When I switched to public school, crew neck sweaters were pretty much all the rage. Moving to Hawaii or south Florida wasn't in the cards in the winter, so I learned to deal with it.

Quite often had guys make the 'are you cold or glad to see me' remark. My answer to them was usually "you must be REALLY cold and AREN'T happy to see ME at all". This said while looking at their pants. {#emotions_dlg.devil2}

As I got older, I realized I was the lucky one - most of my friends and female relatives needed a dentist to fill the cavities when they lay down on their backs.{#emotions_dlg.lol} I also learned to wear mostly two piece outfits, even cocktail and formal dresses. Means never having to alter anything.

I learned at an young age to always wear a bra that supports well, and I still do. Now, of course, you can buy many,many really nice supporting bras in large cup sizes. When I was growing up, mine were all 'old lady bras'. Now that I am an 'old lady', I wouldn't be caught dead in those bras of old.

I have several sets of Smart Cups and Smart Cup Minis (Lipo In A Box) from Amazon. I use these when wearing lighter bras with no light padding at all and most lace bras. T-Shirt bras are fine the way they are.

Esteemed Contributor
On 1/10/2014 champagnepoodle said:

Those modesty pads are hilarious. They are huge triangles that are very thick. We have a lady at work who wears them and the guys nicknamed her patches. lol

Oh those guys are such a riot

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Super Contributor

Rhonda Shears Modesty Pads were on Clearance for about $3/pr. so I bought several sets. You can place both into the smaller bra cup ...OR--for actual breast size difference, a set of silicone-gel enhancers would work...and they have some weight to them and look natural (meaning they move w/you!)

Search Amazon and you will find several kinds....even hsn sells them.

Good luck!

Respected Contributor
To deal with the effect of cold ---- or even just too sheer or taut fabric, I've found " Petals " to be a perfect solution. They are silicone petal-shaped adhesives that can be easily applied to keep the area smooth without any telltale signs. They can be removed simply and can be reused many,many times. I found them at the counter at lingerie shops, esp at the outlet centers. They really work !!!! HTH
We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Esteemed Contributor

I've never needed modesty pads. I wear either T shirt bras or Bali 4483. I am a 34C.

Honored Contributor

You almost need....a little mini 'chicken cutlet'....but I guess that's a prosthetic, yes?

Honored Contributor
On 4/16/2014 ID2 said:
On 3/1/2014 ilovedaisies said:
On 1/10/2014 chessylady said: Not to be indelicate, but are we worried about what shows through our bra when we get cold?I'm sure I will get blasted for my opinion, but this is a natural physical reaction that is nothing to be ashamed of. There are some bras that are thicker than others but buying a special pad just in case a natural part of your anatomy is more visible seems a little precious to me.
Men stare at women who "react normally" to the cold. It's embarrassing, natural or not.

Its the mens fault for acting so childish. I never wear a bra with any type of padding and certainly not modesty pads! I only wear natural cup bras. If I'm cold, I'm cold.

ITA .... way too much is made of this, IMO ..... and some women are ashamed of their bodies. Go figure. {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Respected Contributor
On 1/7/2014 jewelfool said:

I wear the Q modesty pads every day. I have for years...I work with 90 men and I must make sure at all times nothing is showing through my tops!

I work with 3000 prisoners, all men, plus employees. I can't have an underwire because of the metal detector, so I war Rhonda Shear's Pin Up Bras. They are slightly padded and conceal everything, plus they hold the girls up!

Super Contributor
On 8/29/2014 tigriss said:
On 1/7/2014 jewelfool said:

I wear the Q modesty pads every day. I have for years...I work with 90 men and I must make sure at all times nothing is showing through my tops!

I work with 300 prisoners, all men, plus employees. I can't have an underwire because of the metal detector, so I war Rhonda Shear's Pin Up Bras. They are slightly padded and conceal everything, plus they hold the girls up!

May try that bra for my mom who is almost 80 and finds the underwires painful now, but still wants/needs support. Thanks.

Respected Contributor

HSN had them, but ebay is way cheaper. Some are over the head and some have hooks. The bra is the only wireless bra that actually holds the girls without creating a uniboob! I've tried all of them out there and many in my size, 44D, have metal slides on the shoulders for adjusting the straps and loops that hold the straps to the bra, so they set off the metal detector. I was wearing sports bras that had one size fits all straps and found them too short, but these one size straps stretch wonderfully with tons of support and don't get all stretched out of wack like the sports bras that loose their elasticity. I've had mine over a year and wear them daily. They hold up very well in the wash/dryer though drying bras isn't good for them and yet, these hold up so well!

They are called the Rhonda Shear Pin Up Girl Bra. I tried her other bras like the Aahh style and those don't support but are great for sleeping since the girls don't flop about.