Honored Contributor

wrote:

@Noel7

@Carmie

Thanks for posting the info on these pies.  They look so good and  I love one-dish meals.  I was especially glad to hear about the gluten-fee Bisquick.  I'll have to look for that and try some of these.  

You’re welcome, @cotton4me. 😊

Trusted Contributor

Re: IMPOSSIBLE PIES

[ Edited ]
Hi @Noel7,

It's always so great to see you, too! 

Here is a recipe for one of the fruit Impossible pies, from Betty Crocker's website. There is also a gluten-free version of this same French apple pie recipe there, in case anyone wants to see it.

Bisquick Impossibe Easy French Apple Pie-from BettyCrocker.com

Ingredients:

Streusel:
1/2 cup Original Bisquick™ mix
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup chopped nuts
2 Tablespoons firm butter or margarine

Pie:
cups sliced peeled tart apples (3 medium)
teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 Tablespoon butter or margarine, softened
eggs 

Steps:
    Heat oven to 325°F. Spray 9-inch glass pie plate with cooking spray. In small bowl, mix 1/2 cup Bisquick mix, the brown sugar and nuts. Cut in 2 tablespoons butter, using pastry blender (or pulling 2 table knives through ingredients in opposite directions), until crumbly; set aside.
    In medium bowl, mix apples, cinnamon and nutmeg. Spread in pie plate.
    In medium bowl, stir remaining ingredients until blended. Pour into pie plate. Sprinkle with streusel.
    Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean and top is golden brown. Cool 5 minutes. Serve warm or cool. Store covered in refrigerator.
Honored Contributor

wrote:
Hi @Noel7,

It's always so great to see you, too! 

Here is a recipe for one of the fruit Impossible pies, from Betty Crocker's website. There is also a gluten-free version of this same French apple pie recipe there, in case anyone wants to see it.

Bisquick Impossibe Easy French Apple Pie-from BettyCrocker.com

Ingredients:

Streusel:
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup chopped nuts
2 Tablespoons firm butter or margarine

Pie:
cups sliced peeled tart apples (3 medium)
teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup milk
1 Tablespoon butter or margarine, softened
eggs 

Steps:
    Heat oven to 325°F. Spray 9-inch glass pie plate with cooking spray. In small bowl, mix 1/2 cup Bisquick mix, the brown sugar and nuts. Cut in 2 tablespoons butter, using pastry blender (or pulling 2 table knives through ingredients in opposite directions), until crumbly; set aside.
    In medium bowl, mix apples, cinnamon and nutmeg. Spread in pie plate.
    In medium bowl, stir remaining ingredients until blended. Pour into pie plate. Sprinkle with streusel.
    Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean and top is golden brown. Cool 5 minutes. Serve warm or cool. Store covered in refrigerator.

Thank you so much @Toppers3.  That really looks good and DH loves apples.

I love streusel 🙃

Trusted Contributor

You're welcome, @Noel7Heart

I haven't made one of these in quite awhile, so you have given me the impetus to do it!

I'm thinking that I will make this very pie, since it looks so enticing!

I hope that you and your family enjoy it! Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

I made the Zucchini Pie for myself and it was delicious. I never knew they had so many of the Impossible Pies now. I think there were only about 10 kinds years ago when I used to make them.

The forum brings lots of old recipes and memories we forgot about and that is what I love about it. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@MKR14

I like that about it, too!  Memories of good times or funny moments, recipes we forgot we used to make...

Super Contributor

I make them all the time.  That and a salad.  Dinner done!!  My favorite is the ham, onion and swiss cheese.  Vege one with broccoli is good also.  So is the taco one.  

Trusted Contributor

If you don’t have Bisquick on hand, Cook’s Country website has a version to substitute regular flour, baking powder, etc for the Bisquick. 

Respected Contributor

Not to be a killjoy, but for those that ar health- conscious, Bisquick is loaded with trans fats ( not good for the heart).  Just to be aware... 

Honored Contributor

Re: IMPOSSIBLE PIES

[ Edited ]

There is this, reportedly zero trans fat (see front of package):

Image result for bisquick heart healthy