Trusted Contributor

Hi @Noel7,

I used to looovvee making these all of the time, back when they were so very popular in the early 80's, I believe! Smiley Very Happy

I loved making the Cheeseburger Pie.

I also liked making the fruit pie versions, too. Those are nice and easy, and very good, too! 

If you haven't tried any of those, give those a try, too. Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

@Noel7

Thanks for starting this, I haven't made these for a long time. I ended up pulling out some of my old Bisquick cook booklets. We had leftover shredded pork roast & I substituted it in a BBQ Chicken Impossible Pie recipe. A nice, comforting change of pace!

Honored Contributor

@Noel7

I have been thinking about this and got a box of Bisquick this week.

Cheesburger pie with some mushrooms. It was very easy. I'm going to experiemnt with sausage or just veggies next time.

Guess who is having pancakes tomorrow?

Valued Contributor

Always make the impossible Pumpkin pie, we love it, the crust never gets soggy as most custards do with a regular crust pie. Delicious!

Honored Contributor

wrote:

@Noel7

I never heard of an Impossible Pie - is it a quiche? What is it exactly? Can youi post a recipe - TIA

=========

@Yahooey, Just finished looking through the Impossibly Easy cookbook from Betty Crocker. They changed the names of all the recipes in the 1990s because some younger cooks thought "impossible" pies were hard to make! Basically, they all call for two egs mixed with Bisquick that is poured over a base of ingredients. Here's one of the more outlandish recipes:

OCTOBERFEST IMPOSSIBLY EASY PIE

3 cooked brats, sliced

8 oz drained sauerkraut

4 oz shredded Swiss cheese

3/4 cup Bisquick

1/2 cup milk

1/2 cup non-alcoholic beer

2 eggs

Sprinkle brats, sauerkraut and cheese in bottom of greased pie pan.  Blend remaining ingredients and pour over base. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

Esteemed Contributor

@Noel7

@Carmie

Thanks for posting the info on these pies.  They look so good and  I love one-dish meals.  I was especially glad to hear about the gluten-fee Bisquick.  I'll have to look for that and try some of these.  

Honored Contributor

wrote:

Thank you @Noel7. My hairdresser had surgery yesterday for a broken wrist and they had to put a steel plate in it. She will be out for quite a while. I am seeing a new hairdresser today so I hope she is good. You know us woman when we find a great hairdresser. I have went to mine for 24 years.

I love the site for the Impossible Pies as that is something I can make and bring to my hairdresser. I may make them into muffins so they will be easier for her to eat. I picked out a few to make for myself and a few different ones for her. The vegetable one, Lasagna one, and the Zucchini one looks good and I know she would enjoy those.

I am sure many of us forgot all about the Impossible Pies so Thank You for posting and sharing the site. They would work well for new Cooks also as they are almost foolproof. 

Bisquick better keep their stock coming as I see many of us making these. Smiley Happy

You are so welcome @MKR14 and I am so happy we may have a revival of Impossible Pies 😁

How nice of you to do that for your hairdresser. 

Honored Contributor

wrote:

I have never seen these!  They look very interesting.  Thank you.Smiley Happy

You’re welcome @ECBG. 🙂

Honored Contributor

wrote:

Hi @Noel7,

I used to looovvee making these all of the time, back when they were so very popular in the early 80's, I believe! Smiley Very Happy

I loved making the Cheeseburger Pie.

I also liked making the fruit pie versions, too. Those are nice and easy, and very good, too! 

If you haven't tried any of those, give those a try, too. Smiley Happy

@Toppers3  I’m so glad to see you!  You know, I haven’t made a fruit one, I’m going to get a couple of recipes for them.

I also want to try the Impossible Pumpkin Pie.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

@Noel7

I never heard of an Impossible Pie - is it a quiche? What is it exactly? Can youi post a recipe - TIA

=========

@Yahooey, Just finished looking through the Impossibly Easy cookbook from Betty Crocker. They changed the names of all the recipes in the 1990s because some younger cooks thought "impossible" pies were hard to make! Basically, they all call for two egs mixed with Bisquick that is poured over a base of ingredients. Here's one of the more outlandish recipes:

OCTOBERFEST IMPOSSIBLY EASY PIE

3 cooked brats, sliced

8 oz drained sauerkraut

4 oz shredded Swiss cheese

3/4 cup Bisquick

1/2 cup milk

1/2 cup non-alcoholic beer

2 eggs

Sprinkle brats, sauerkraut and cheese in bottom of greased pie pan.  Blend remaining ingredients and pour over base. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

@AuntG

Thank you so much for this recipe, my family loves Oktoberfest recipes.