Honored Contributor

@Yahooey wrote:

@Noel7

I never heard of an Impossible Pie - is it a quiche? What is it exactly? Can youi post a recipe - TIA

@Yahooey

The basic ingredient is Bisquick which makes a pie-like part of many recipe versions.

Here's the link to the recipe we made last night, VERY EASY:

https://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/impossibly-easy-cheeseburger-pie/8c78aa78-c368-40fa-8a88-165464...

Honored Contributor

I looked up pix of VINTAGE Impossible Pies.  This one has the old Impossible Taco pie which my daughter also liked as a kid:

Image result for vintage impossible pies

Contributor

Funny that you posted this today. I made an Impossible Cheeseburger Pie for dinner last night, too. I was tired of the same old thing so I dug out this old recipe. I made it in my large round Copper Chef pan, so I started it on the stove and finished in the oven all in one pan. Worked out great and tasted good. 

Respected Contributor

Ya know, I have heard of these. I even have a clipping out of magazine from a zillion years back that I still have stuck in my recipe binder. But have I ever made one? No. I'm not getting any younger so it's about time I give it a try. Ha! Thanks for the reminder...and the walk down Bisquick memory lane.   

Super Contributor

In the fall when I make a pumpkin pie, I always make an Impossible Pumpkin Pie. It uses Bisquick, so it forms its' own crust. It is delicious and the family loves it! I serve it topped with whipped cream and a slight sprinkle of cinnamon.

Honored Contributor

@pupwhipped wrote:

Ya know, I have heard of these. I even have a clipping out of magazine from a zillion years back that I still have stuck in my recipe binder. But have I ever made one? No. I'm not getting any younger so it's about time I give it a try. Ha! Thanks for the reminder...and the walk down Bisquick memory lane.   

@pupwhipped

I can promise you this, making one should be really easy, at least all I have seen are, that's the beauty of it Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Brigitta wrote:

In the fall when I make a pumpkin pie, I always make an Impossible Pumpkin Pie. It uses Bisquick, so it forms its' own crust. It is delicious and the family loves it! I serve it topped with whipped cream and a slight sprinkle of cinnamon.

I'm glad you mentioned that @Brigitta  I love pumpkin pie and I've always wanted to make an Impossible version.  I think I will, and I won't wait until Autumn Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Noel7,

I made one for dinner tonight as a matter of fact.    Husband remembered I used to make them often when the girls were small, and enjoyed the one tonight with sausage, onions and jalapeño.   

Honored Contributor

@Noel7

Thank you so much for this ... and i am very interested in making the gluten-free version.❤️❤️❤️

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

When I was in my teens, I made both the taco and lasagna impossible pies.  There were dessert pies too.  I'd love to find a cookbook of all the recipes.