Respected Contributor

@PuppyLoverBob666 I'm in my late 60s and still  LOVE LOVE LOVE to cook.  I make a lot of my standards (there are a lot of them)  but always try new recipes as well.  My DH is so appreciative, and never expects me to because I'm still working and put in a full day.  I LOVE COOKING and baking as well.  If I'm not in the mood,  we wing it and find something (there is plenty of food in this house) or bring in.   

Respected Contributor

Almost EVERY...SINGLE...DAY...can't say I enjoy it but it is healthier and less expensive.

Honored Contributor

Every single meal, every single day!

Sometimes I feel like the Pioneer Woman, I just get finished cleaning up from breakfast and it's time to start lunch.

I can't remember the last time we ate out.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't think it would even help if I did have prep & cleanup!

I do cook, though, but not every day! Once in a while I actually enjoy it. Same with baking.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I still cook.  There are some favorite dishes that I enjoy eating that you just can't get pre-prepared.

Made Lamb Chops Osso Bucco this week.  Usually simpler items like Chicken & rice or dumplings.  Rice Pilaf and Amish Brown Butter Noodles to name a few.

Love my own soups!   

Love to eat out also!  Got some great Mom & Pop restaurants where I live.  Yum!  Always enough for lunch another day, so not so expensive!

I do use some prepared foods to make it easier.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes ...I actually enjoy it and enjoy eating it.  I'm not a PB&J, microwave popcorn or other quick meal kind of person.  I only cook for the  evening meal though and grab a sandwich or make a deli turkey sandwich for lunch.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Valued Contributor

@reviewer from sc wrote:

Actually, my mother feels like the OP feels. However, I love to cook for my family, and everyone loves my cooking. I like to try new recipes, as well as cook our favorites. However, I wonder if I'll feel the same when I get older? My mother once loved cooking for all of us, and she was a great cook. 

My mother was a terrible cook; maybe I inherited the "I hate cooking" gene from her. The fact that she was often hammered when she cooked might be a factor. Once or twice I've been 2 or 3 sheets to the wind when I was cooking, and it didn't turn out well ;-)

Valued Contributor

@nyc1 wrote:

@PuppyLoverBob666 I'm in my late 60s and still  LOVE LOVE LOVE to cook.  

Can I hire you? What's your hourly wage?

Honored Contributor

Yes, since no one else has offered. I will say DH does a great job grilling so I'll keep him busy all weekend and on the 4th!

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you still cook?

[ Edited ]

This year, I made goulash once.  Think I scrambled one egg, and I've made some hard-boiled eggs.  That's it.

But, I'm doing Nutrisystem.  Love their foods.