Honored Contributor

Re: To Cindy at QVC Moderators

@LinaL wrote:

@StraytoStay wrote:

The mods don't blindly delete everything that is reported. They read it and determine if it should be themselves.

Who said anything about the Mods blindly deleting posts? If you're referring to my comment (even if you're not), I'm commenting on the reporters who elect themselves the Board Police not the Mods (although, there's often very little discernment going on in choices made -- now that you mention it)..

You can be banned for reporting a lot of posts. It is in the community standards and I have seen it happen to a poster.

Honored Contributor

all you have to do is repost the subject matter and dont include the live link. you can post the website address and/or mention where to find the article and/or mention the name of the article but dont do a direct link.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Links are forbidden...it is nothing new but for some reason some feel they don't have to play by the rules.

Also, regarding side pics...how about doing a better job of only copying the main pic?? It can be and is done.

Respected Contributor

@LinaL wrote:

@LilacTree

I know. Also, people running to the Mods to report posters and posts.  Some people have nothing better to do.  Board Monitors.  Well.  I've made my feelings clear in another thread on this subject. .

How would one know if it was reported or not?  Many times the mods are doing their job by moderating and if they choose to delete it, it's at their discretion and not necessarily because one reported it.

Respected Contributor

I think it might be links to outside sites that are the problem. A few days ago I thought it was odd that a thread was deleted about a television news network reporter being fired. My guess is the article only mentioned politics as the subject of her low-rated program, not any particular political issue, and it was the link to a site with other political news that got it deleted. 

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

all you have to do is repost the subject matter and dont include the live link. you can post the website address and/or mention where to find the article and/or mention the name of the article but dont do a direct link.

@sunshine45

I did that.  I posted the link but also said the article could be found on HuffPost today if one cared to read it.  It was too long to copy and paste.

Oh well.  It's no biggie. 

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@makena

"How would one know if it was reported or not?  Many times the mods are doing their job by moderating and if they choose to delete it, it's at their discretion and not necessarily because one reported it."  (my bold)

Some people brag about having reported. RE bolded--You're conflating two different issues.

@Melania

Links are not prohibited. Only those of other retail sites, those to sites against standards,  etc..

Honored Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@sunshine45

I did that.  I posted the link but also said the article could be found on HuffPost today if one cared to read it.  It was too long to copy and paste.

Oh well.  It's no biggie. 

@LilacTree

so all you have to do then is repost the exact same post without the clickable link.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@LinaL wrote:

@makena

"How would one know if it was reported or not?  Many times the mods are doing their job by moderating and if they choose to delete it, it's at their discretion and not necessarily because one reported it."  (my bold)

Some people brag about having reported. RE bolded--You're conflating two different issues.

@Melania

Links are not prohibited. Only those of other retail sites, those to sites against standards,  etc..

Uh, this one was for Political references attached. Which is a huge No No.

Written clear as day which we ALL agreed to. Just sayin'.

Honored Contributor

Not having read the post in question have no comments on subject. Myself haven't experienced threads being deleted. Suppose reason possibly might be read the rules. Even if the mods deleted my posts that's their right. Rules are not for me to challenge the point of why. If I know politics and religion or any other subject isn't allowed in certain context why would I want to push the envelope? This is Qvc playground and they have every right to delete or allow subjects. Moderator's have heavy work load not only maintaining the boards helping customers with orders along with other responsibilities. I have always found them to be understanding and helpful with any questions. Special thanks! Team Qvc-🙋