Honored Contributor

Re: To Cindy at QVC Moderators

@depglass wrote:

There have been at least two threads recently asking for prayers for an ill person.  Yet a joke mentioning prayers was deleted for being "religious." 

@depglass

Didnt see the joke, but perhaps they felt it was making fun of religion, and therefore, deleted.......... ...............

From the Community Standards & Guidelines Section:

Controversial Topic Guideline Change

To keep an atmosphere in the community of fairness, discussion of religion will be prohibited as a controversial topic. Wishing or asking someone for “prayers” will be allowed as this is an expression of comfort. Religious or controversial signature lines will be deleted.

Thank you for your understanding. 

QVC Community Team

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

Maybe it's just best that the moderators address the OP's concerns.

Esteemed Contributor

@makena wrote:

Agree, but they probably won't.  Similar threads have gone through Customer Care forum.  There's one there now.  

On a similar note, why are some retail links okay?  There was one posted in Beauty the other day that wasn't deleted.  I asked for clarification in that Customer Care thread but never got it.  IMO if it's followed by .com and it takes you straight to items for sale on another website, it should fall within their guidelines to delete, but not that one.  

Also, why do they edit the OP on some threads to remove the link but not the one mentioned in this OP?  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wildcat fan wrote:

@makena wrote:

Agree, but they probably won't.  Similar threads have gone through Customer Care forum.  There's one there now.  

On a similar note, why are some retail links okay?  There was one posted in Beauty the other day that wasn't deleted.  I asked for clarification in that Customer Care thread but never got it.  IMO if it's followed by .com and it takes you straight to items for sale on another website, it should fall within their guidelines to delete, but not that one.  

Also, why do they edit the OP on some threads to remove the link but not the one mentioned in this OP?  

@wildcat fan

Regarding the retail links, I wrote a question in Customer Care and one of the Mods did answer

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Customer-Care/Hi-Social-Team-I-Have-A-Question/td-p/3838424/p

I was also told the reason QVC was concerned about links are that a lot of them contain viruses...................

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

If a link is posted that goes directly to an item for sale and it's not removed, my guess is that (1) it wasn't reported and (2) the moderators can't be everywhere on the forums all the tie to see every inappropriate post. Things will slip through the cracks, not intentionally.

The side links on many sites are tricky. IMO most sites with side links are ads of a sort whether they appear to be or not. The purpose of them being there is to get you to another site advertising something - and to insert malware. Many, many clickbait links are infected with malware. QVC doesn't want to be "responsible" for hosting a link that might infect someone's computer with malware. The way these forums are, no one (including all of us) would ever hear the end of it (and how). Malware is in clickable photos very often.

The only direct links I ever post are to sites that I can see with my own eyes do not have anything on them but an article. If I want to guide people to a link, it's very simple. 

You can easily leave the httpX:// off - it isn't needed unless the link is to a secure site, where you'd put an "s" instead of the usual "p" (where the X is above). Most of the time (Amazon is an exception) all you have to do is not type in ".com" - example bedbathandbeyond (space) and the word dotcom.

QVC dotcom

LAtimes dotcom

mypillow dotcom

None of those are live links - clicking on them won't take you directly to another site - but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to type them in the way they need to be. I do this ALL the time. They aren't live links, You just have to assume peope are smart enough to "get it." If they are't - oh well.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Melania wrote:

@LinaL wrote:

@makena

"How would one know if it was reported or not?  Many times the mods are doing their job by moderating and if they choose to delete it, it's at their discretion and not necessarily because one reported it."  (my bold)

Some people brag about having reported. RE bolded--You're conflating two different issues.

@Melania

Links are not prohibited. Only those of other retail sites, those to sites against standards,  etc..

Uh, this one was for Political references attached. Which is a huge No No.

Written clear as day which we ALL agreed to. Just sayin'.

@Melania, this has become a rather confusing thread. What I think @LinaL was referring to was that you said that links are prohibited. She's right that links are not prohibited in general. They are prohibited in certain circumstances such as to a site that has anything in it that is prohibited by the Standards here. .

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

All the rules, guidlines standards etc. are beginning to sound a bit like, oops I almost said a name that would be banned. Smiley Wink

Don't worry, be Happy!