Frequent Contributor

QVC DID IT TO ME AGAIN !!!!!

Last month I ordered Earth shoes--two pairs.  They were over $100 each.  When I got them, they had obviously been worn (green stuff and toe marks on sole of one pair; water spots and wrinkles on the other).  I called CS and told them what happened.  They were soooo surprised that that had happened.  They offered me 10% refund. NOT.  I asked for "as is" price.  They couldn't  do that. So back they went.  Today I got a QF set I ordered that was nearly $70.  I nearly blew a gasket..this has been worn, also.  Tags are missing, set is wrinkled,  and there is a little white box on the label that shows that they knew this was a return.  CS was very nice, but all she could offer me was 10% discount.  I am sooo angry.  You think I would have learned my lesson..  QVC , I think you are severly lacking in integrity.  If something has been worn or used, mark it down. If it looks like junk, don't sell it. 

Honored Contributor

Re: QVC DID IT TO ME AGAIN !!!!!

If you are bying as is that is a risk, if it is new, return it

@esther22 wrote:

Last month I ordered Earth shoes--two pairs.  They were over $100 each.  When I got them, they had obviously been worn (green stuff and toe marks on sole of one pair; water spots and wrinkles on the other).  I called CS and told them what happened.  They were soooo surprised that that had happened.  They offered me 10% refund. NOT.  I asked for "as is" price.  They couldn't  do that. So back they went.  Today I got a QF set I ordered that was nearly $70.  I nearly blew a gasket..this has been worn, also.  Tags are missing, set is wrinkled,  and there is a little white box on the label that shows that they knew this was a return.  CS was very nice, but all she could offer me was 10% discount.  I am sooo angry.  You think I would have learned my lesson..  QVC , I think you are severly lacking in integrity.  If something has been worn or used, mark it down. If it looks like junk, don't sell it. 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Contributor

This happened to me for a pair of sandals that I ordered from HSN. Toe print was visiable and there was a bit of dirt on the soles. I was very upset, and called CS right away. They sent me a very nice letter and offered 50 % discount or  could return them for a new pair, but my size was no longer available.  I liked the shoes, so I cleaned them with Lysol wipes and kept them (for 1/2 the price).

Esteemed Contributor

Well.........you hear and I hear the hosts saying.....try it (on shoe programs) - go to church - wear them shopping and if you don't like them (shoes) ....return them in 30 days for a full refund  with no questions asked.  Now if you wanted to wear $100 shoes to a wedding and didn't really want them.......you might find that as a real deal.  That's not how I think; but many people out there will and apparently do.    Free shoes for a day!   QVC is the one to blame here.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

QVC has an "as is" category, and returned items that are not in unused pristine condition should be sold there. 

I have also bought new items that were obvious returns that had been repackaged. Recently a Dennis Basso jacket was sent out to me, and arrived wrinkled  and repackaged. I paid about $65.00 plus shipping. I did return it, and recovered my shipping, but it was aggravating, plus it cost me time to package it back up, and take to the post office.

Valued Contributor

I've heard hosts also say that buying from QVC is preferable to b and m stores because the merchandise is shipped to you in pristine condition and in the store has been tried on repeatedly, implying that it is inferior.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I must chime in on this one.  I say this every time this matter is noted here.

Here is where this process of returns falls VERY short.  There is NO QUALITY CONTROL in the returns department.  NO ONE opens every single package to INSPECT what comes back.  NO ONE.

If QVC would invest in an extensive hands on inspectors of returns, we the paying customers would not be receiving goods that are used,  dirty, old, worn, worn out, broken, have missing parts, and the list I'm sure goes on.

NO ONE inspects any returns.  There inlies the problems we still have after 30 years.

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

I must chime in on this one.  I say this every time this matter is noted here.

Here is where this process of returns falls VERY short.  There is NO QUALITY CONTROL in the returns department.  NO ONE opens every single package to INSPECT what comes back.  NO ONE.

If QVC would invest in an extensive hands on inspectors of returns, we the paying customers would not be receiving goods that are used,  dirty, old, worn, worn out, broken, have missing parts, and the list I'm sure goes on.

NO ONE inspects any returns.  There inlies the problems we still have after 30 years.

I've only ordered one "as-is" item and based on what I received, I absolutely believe this to be true.

Respected Contributor

What really gets me is when they have that long Oct - Jan return period for "holiday" purchases.  I once (a long time ago) ordered a bracelet in February (from HSN, not QVC), and when it came it was obvious someone had worn it the entire time before returning it because the Technibond coating was almost completely worn off!

Laura loves cats!
Esteemed Contributor

@Kardi wrote:

I've heard hosts also say that buying from QVC is preferable to b and m stores because the merchandise is shipped to you in pristine condition and in the store has been tried on repeatedly, implying that it is inferior.  

Yes they always claim it is NEW inventory.