Honored Contributor

Re: QVC DID IT TO ME AGAIN !!!!!

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

I must chime in on this one.  I say this every time this matter is noted here.

Here is where this process of returns falls VERY short.  There is NO QUALITY CONTROL in the returns department.  NO ONE opens every single package to INSPECT what comes back.  NO ONE.

If QVC would invest in an extensive hands on inspectors of returns, we the paying customers would not be receiving goods that are used,  dirty, old, worn, worn out, broken, have missing parts, and the list I'm sure goes on.

NO ONE inspects any returns.  There inlies the problems we still have after 30 years.

Someone is opening them at least, and some get sent to "as is", so it seems someone is looking. Also, the returns I have received are all repackaged. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tissyanne   I agree with you in that they are of course repackaged, readdressed and sent out again but it's not the case that every return is scrutinized especailly clothing items.

When I ordered that sweater early this year and paid $60+ I thought I was was buying a brand new item.  In fact someone had it, used it, wore it, DID NOT wash it, didn't even bother to make sure she left nothing in the pockets. 

This was NOT an AS IS either, not marked down, not on sale, not on clearance.  Supposed to have been a brand new item.

The woman who returned it wore it, used it, DID NOT wash it, and left a DIRTY KLEENEX IN THE POCKET.  Imagine my surprise that I got a bonus with my brand new sweater.

@ChynnaBlue   It's not only 'as is' but everything.  This is what I know from bad experience.

Super Contributor

The Q makes it very clear that one can wear clothes, shoes, well use anything for 30 days, and then return it.  No questions asked.  And people do.  Shoes worn for a WHOLE MONTH.  YUCK!!  The problem is there is no system for where the returns go.  Are they "as is" or do they go back to the new items?  I do not get clothes or shoes from the Q.  I even bought a camera full of someone's family photos.  The whole thing is so messed up!!  One clearly takes chances when ordering from this channel.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I once ordered a snowman candle as a gift.  When I received it the wick had already been burned and the base was broken.  Sure happy I didn't do "bill to ship to".  That would have been a very embarressing gift!  I forgot to mention another person's return slip was still in the box!

And then there was the Dennis Basso coat with the huge rip in the arm - not even on the seam!  So much for quality control!!

Frequent Contributor

I asked for a $25 discount, which was less than an "as is" price, but the CS lady " couldn't "do it, even after speaking to someone over her.  I wasn't ugly or disrespectful to the CS lady.  She only works there.  Had I been offered a better price for USED clothing when I was expecting and had paid for BRAND NEW, I would have taken it.

Honored Contributor

I must be lucky.  I can't remember ever receiving a new item that wasn't new.  I've had a couple as is tops that reeked of perfume.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tissyanne wrote:

QVC has an "as is" category, and returned items that are not in unused pristine condition should be sold there. 

I have also bought new items that were obvious returns that had been repackaged. Recently a Dennis Basso jacket was sent out to me, and arrived wrinkled  and repackaged. I paid about $65.00 plus shipping. I did return it, and recovered my shipping, but it was aggravating, plus it cost me time to package it back up, and take to the post office.

Hi @Tissyanne  Ironically, most of my As Is items have been in pristine, mint condition (with a few exceptions of course but I've been very pleased). Oddly, though, a Logo Links necklace I ordered at full price - that was $91 including tax and S&H so expensive, came in a jumbled up mess in a non LOGO Links box - I knew that was a return and it was all tangled up.  I was furious (CS made good and appeased me - actually a Mod here helped me a lot with it). Weeks later I saw the same piece As Is for half price.  I had liked it so at the As Is price I bought it and it was in mint condition - it arrived in much better condition than the so-called 'new" piece I'd paid full price for.  It too came in a non-Links box but I expected that As Is and at half price.  That was fine too because the piece was just great!   I can't figure QVC out some times.

@esther22  Sorry that happened to you.  I'd be mad.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearley,

I agree that the way merchandise is sent out makes no sense. They must not have any protocol in place, because the two as is clothing items I recently purchased were in excellent condition. On the other hand, I received a top just this week at full price that was sent to me balled up, and arrived all wrinkled, and was clearly a return. I am going to wash it in a few days to see if I can keep it. The item # is A275782. I bought the neutral when it was shown for the first time, love it, and ordered the green about 6 weeks later. Comparing the two was very different. I will decide next week what to do about it. Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

I've never had these experiences, but I agree it's QVC's fault.  Not only should they discourage returns, they should penalize customers who have too many returns. 

Valued Contributor

Oh no!  Worn shoes should in no way be sent out to a customer where it's an obvious return when soles of shoes are scraped and leather scuffed.  I was just thinking I ordered a pair of earth brand shoes that I'm still waiting for.  It's a very popular shoe too so I will definitely inspect them--if I ever receive them.  It's been well over a week and they are still in transit.  This new shipping is horrendous!  The funny part is the area where they say they are coming from is only about 40 minutes from where I live.  I could drive there faster and pick them up myself.  LOL!  I actually have been shopping brick and mortar lately  for things I know will take too long to get to me from the Q, like my It Cosmetics I get now at Ulta.  So miss the old shipping.