Trusted Contributor

Re: Mail Innovations Shipping Issues

[ Edited ]

I have the paid UPS My Choice service. It will upgrade all packages sent via UPS Sure Post to UPS Ground but will not upgrade the smaller Mail Innovations packages. The MI packages always get transferred to USPS for delivery. 
I really wish UPS would rethink this policy because I would literally pay a higher yearly fee to keep my MI packages out of the hands of USPS. UPS does a good job on their end handling the MI but once it gets transferred to USPS, the problems start. 

I once had two exact QVC orders, ordered separately on the same day, one went MI and one went Sure Post. The Sure Post was upgraded and I received it within the normal time frame. The MI package, once USPS got their hands on it, took a joy ride around the country and showed up two weeks after the other order was delivered. It was ridiculous. 😑

Honored Contributor

Sorting non-USPS packages is the lowest priority for USPS and I don't blame them. And, 3rd parties aren't going to make a trip if it isn't profitable.

Contributor

Thanks for the info about the UPS My Choice option and to Foxxee for the detailed USPS and MI info. Doesn’t fix the problem but helps to know there may be some workarounds and explains issues with lost packages as well.