Valued Contributor

Re: Mail Innovations Shipping Issues

[ Edited ]

@geezerette If it is sent using First Class Mail (packages under a pound), you're right, UPS is not involved, it's all done by the postal service. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Starliteshine wrote:

I purchase a UPS My Choice Membership. My packages automatically bypass SurePost/Mail Innovations and delivered by UPS or USPS if the sender uses First Class Mail. More and more companies are using SurePost and I do the bulk of my shopping online. Paying the annual fee is worth it for me since it cut down stress and frustration dealing with Mail Innovations. Plus, I receive my packages in a timely manner. There are additinal perks with the paid My Choice membership (UPS offers a free version but it doesn't upgrade your deliveries) and I feel it is money well spent. Check it out and search for a promo code online. UPS usually offers a few months free with promo code. 

@Starliteshine 

I have the same My Choice as you and it works great for me.  I have it auto renew each year and works with any vendor.  I dislike Mail innovations and have been known to not buy if shipping is via USPS as it tends to travel the country.  

Super Contributor

Mail Innovations is like a black hole - quite a gamble when a package will arrive, if it arrives at all. 

Honored Contributor

@Starliteshine wrote:

@geezerette Were the packages under 1 pound and sent First Class Mail? When I purchase small beauty items or a shirt from QVC, they send them using First Class mail because they are usually under a pound. I called UPS asking why they weren't delivered by UPS since that is part of my paid membership. That is how I found out about retailers who send a lightweight package using First Class Mail never upgrade. Unfortunately, at that point, QVC shipping labels didn't show First Class like they now do, otherwise I wouldn't have called UPS asking about a USPS package Smiley LOL

@Starliteshine 

No, I mean that only the SurePost packages can get upgraded to be delivered directly by UPS instead of USPS.  Which is what is stated by UPS.

First Class Mail is USPS all the way.  Anything using Mail Innovations can't be upgraded either.

Esteemed Contributor

@shopping1 wrote:
Anyone else having issues with their items that get shipped via Mail Innovations taking like 2 weeks to get delivered? My Post office said these aren’t their packages and they get brought in large bins that they have to separate so it takes forever for the PO to do it because of the “those aren’t our packages” mentality. Personally when it’s free shipping i can understand QVC using a 3rd party but when I’m paying I’d like to get my package in a timely manner. Considering stopping g buying from Q bc of this. I am experiencing it more and more with things I buy from the Q. So lot 7-10 business days but more like 14-21 even though when I buy it gives me a much sooner delivery date and then they use that 3rd party. Also have had a couple things never come bc of that 3rd party losing them
Just curious if this is happening all over or just in our state

@shopping1  YES and I am sick of it.  This is why I shop more at Amazon

Trusted Contributor

I have to say, in my experience with my local USPS, it is not UPS causing the delay. Any item shipped from start to finish by UPS I will receive in a very prompt manner. If any parcel has to make a stop at my local USPS, whether strictly by USPS or another shipper using USPS for delivery, my packages will sit for days at the USPS, and on several occasions I never received them. 

As I mentioned in a previous post, I have actually had USPS lie about delivering an item. I've been in my front yard, seen the driver pull up to my house, get out of the truck and walk around the vehicle, to do what I have no idea. He then got back in the truck and left. An hour later I received an email stating a package was not only delivered but the driver stated he left the package at the front door. It was impossible and I filed a complaint. About 10 days later the package arrived. 

I know a lot of my issues are with my own USPS so I can't speak for everyone but if I could choose the carrier, as we use to be able to do, I would go with UPS 100% of the time.

Respected Contributor

@geezerette   My deliveries showed UPS Surepost but would not upgrade.

Is there a subclass of UPS Surepost that is not disclosed? My shippers were Haband, Macy's and one I can't remember. When I tried to upgrade I received a "You can't change a delivery until there has been one attempt to deliver" message.

On occasion, a Surepost delivery doesn't upgrade because it was picked up close to me house and there wasn't time to upgrade. I understand that.

How is a customer supposed to find out what's going on if the retailer's CS doesn't know what you're talking about and refuses to ask a supervisor?

Honored Contributor

@PickyPicky3 

I don't know the answer to your questions.

I never signed up for the premium MyChoice, so I haven't had any experience with it.  I don't have a problem getting SurePost packages.  And often my orders are delivered a day early by UPS anyway because the truck is either coming to my home for something else or will be nearby.  I inquired initially out of curiosity, but when I read it was only the SurePost that could be upgraded I never bothered with it.

I do use the free version of MyChoice so I know when to expect packages.

Respected Contributor

I've noticed in the last week that my packages have traveled around the south a bit prior to being delivered to my door. What I find interesting is that USPS changes the online routing to indicate that this did not happen........I have screen shots. 

When UPS delivers a package, it is in horrible shape.  There are shoe prints all over the plastic bags and sometimes tears in them. 

Figure it's a no-win either way. 

Frequent Contributor

Not sure if this helps the discussion but I'm a west coaster.  Packages used to take between 2-3 weeks for delivery when most items came from the east cost (basically pre-Rocky Mount fire).  Now most of my packages come from CA and those come within a week.  Items from PA still take 2 weeks or so.  My friend on the east coast used to get Q packages in a few days and they now take 2-3 weeks since they come from CA not NC.  She is not happy but I like the "quicker" delivery times. So in addition to slow transit times from 3rd party shippers maybe distance is now impacting folks.