Respected Contributor

@LilacTree I think she started to come across as vain, vapid, and self absorbed, at some point. The monitor gazing became a barometer of sorts, for the degree of self absorption. This revealed a possible vulnerability which was picked up by the antennae of those who are always alert to that type of thing. Lisa was not this way for her first 15? years. She did generate a lot of anticipation and excitement about many products and programs in a special and unique way.  Something did change, and people noticed.

She was and still is a very attractive woman, without the demands of children and family, who has some decent amount of discretionary income and now, a lot of time on her hands. Many people get resentful and filled with contempt for women who broadcast this in any way. Her looking in the monitor was annoying after a while. If they had used her more sparingly, you wouldn't have seen it so much. If they had not turned her into a characterization of "herself", with the overdone styling and out of sync skin tight clothing and barbie doll gowns at odds with the experience of the working middle class woman many with children, this may have been less of an issue.Whether she had good reason to do it or not didn't matter, because human nature being what it is, the behavior was interpreted  in the context of all the above information.

Respected Contributor

I totally believe she looked in the monitor to check her look.

What's wrong with that? Well, it's not necessary. If something were wrong, there'd be make-up people dashing out to fix her up.

Plus, most of the hosts don't do it.

Honored Contributor

Re: Lisa Robertson

[ Edited ]

I don't even know why I'm going to respond but I am.

You can tell when a host is checking himself or herself out in the monitor and when they are doing it to adjust the item to get a better shot or waiting for the camera to come to the item. 

It was way obvious Lisa was often checking herself out in the monitor and it had nothing to do with getting the correct angle to an item or item shot.  You never see any other host looking in a monitor and then adjusting things on themselves the way Lisa did.

And she's still the same way now with all the photos she posts on FB of herself.  No biggie that she posts them all but she uses ridiculous filters on her camera that make her look blurry, thinner, taller and almost like plastic.  She's a very attractive woman. Why can't she just take a normal photo?         

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I don't even know why I'm going to respond but I am.

You can tell when a host is checking himself or herself out in the monitor and when they are doing it to adjust the item to get a better shot or waiting for the camera to come to the item. 

It was way obvious Lisa was often checking herself out in the monitor and it had nothing to do with getting the correct angle to an item or item shot.  You never see any other host looking in a monitor and then adjusting things on themselves the way Lisa did.

And she's still the same way now with all the photos she posts on FB of herself.  No biggie that she posts them all but she uses ridiculous filters on her camera that make her look blurry, thinner, taller and almost like plastic.  She's a very attractive woman. Why can't she just take a normal photo?         

One of my favorite of her on her FB acct. was she left Chad's shop with color on her hair and drove over to the fast food drive in to get a vanilla ice cream cone while her hair was processing.   She had the hair doing its thing, the ice cream cone in her mouth and sitting in her car.  Looked quite normal to me.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

I always use the "beauty shot" option on my cell phone for selfies. No harm in looking as good as we can, IMO.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

@pattypeep wrote:

I always use the "beauty shot" option on my cell phone for selfies. No harm in looking as good as we can, IMO.

The beauty shot option? I didn't know there was one, darn!

~H~
Trusted Contributor

Lisa was my favorite host and you can tell she got along very well with the models and all the vendors.  I miss her more at this time of the year when she presented her Christmas shows.  Everything was so beautiful and she knew how to make it all look so elegant.  I'm so happy that I bought so many of her items last year because I don't think this years Holiday shows can hold a candle to hers.  I don't find anything interesting and am already tired of those bliss lights.

Honored Contributor

Re: Lisa Robertson

[ Edited ]

@skuggles wrote:

@LilacTree I think she started to come across as vain, vapid, and self absorbed, at some point. The monitor gazing became a barometer of sorts, for the degree of self absorption. This revealed a possible vulnerability which was picked up by the antennae of those who are always alert to that type of thing. Lisa was not this way for her first 15? years. She did generate a lot of anticipation and excitement about many products and programs in a special and unique way.  Something did change, and people noticed.

She was and still is a very attractive woman, without the demands of children and family, who has some decent amount of discretionary income and now, a lot of time on her hands. Many people get resentful and filled with contempt for women who broadcast this in any way. Her looking in the monitor was annoying after a while. If they had used her more sparingly, you wouldn't have seen it so much. If they had not turned her into a characterization of "herself", with the overdone styling and out of sync skin tight clothing and barbie doll gowns at odds with the experience of the working middle class woman many with children, this may have been less of an issue.Whether she had good reason to do it or not didn't matter, because human nature being what it is, the behavior was interpreted  in the context of all the above information.

I suspect the unfortunate fact is there's a certain amount of truth to this, though I don't necessarily think working class women with children were her only adversaries on these boards...  Also unfortunate, it seems, is the reality is that to some extent we all choose our paths. My gosh, it must be awful for some to make their beds as they did and then go about so vociferously resenting others for having elected a very different path...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Pethaps the moderators can create a separate forum category for Lisa threads.

Respected Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Pethaps the moderators can create a separate forum category for Lisa threads.

haha!