Honored Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

@CaneCorsoMom I think Lisa might have been far too ambitious and competitive to completely retire at 50. 

Lisa has said several times on her FB page she is not retired.  She has said she's "waiting it out." 

Respected Contributor

Re: Lisa Robertson

[ Edited ]

LipstickDiva

i think Lisa R. has already lined up something.  Whenever I occasionally go to her Facebook page (which has a lot of followers) she is always off to New York. When her non-compete is over, she will probably make an announcement and these boards will light up.  Even though I do not mind Jill Martin, I think QVC should hire Lisa R. to represent the GILI line.  Jill Martin has so many other jobs. She must be spread thin.

Respected Contributor

I am so with you on this topic. I don't get the obsession regarding a past host. I think it's time to let go and move on. I don't dislike Lisa, but I think there is more to talk about. She's gone and where ever she winds up going then you can follow her around like crazy. Many great hosts have come and gone, but the viewers knew how to let go. QVC has many great and qualified hosts. I watch a program for the merchandise, not for just who is hosting the show.

Esteemed Contributor

Leeny, you have a good point. That being said, I will say that Lisa is the reason I began watching and shopping at the Q. I was channel surfing one day and happened to stop by the Q while she was on air. I was very taken with her approach to sales and her good humor. I even emailed her way back when to tell her so and she emailed me back and thanked me. I think she is awesome.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Trusted Contributor

They all watch the monitor.  Maybe there is a reason. either way, why does it matter and bother you?

Honored Contributor

Regarding those that believe it is the host returning emails are mistaken. Jill confirmed one night years ago that they have personal assistants to take care of that task. Jill was speaking on air to a customer who was gushing over her return email. 

Please tell me what I am reading isn' true!!??  When I click on QVC, it states she died of cancer.  When I TRY to get additional info, I cannot.  Does anyone know the truth?

Esteemed Contributor

I stopped watching live QVC long ago.  I  have seen her but did not follow her.  I wish her well, but as any host who has left the Q they eventually fade away in peoples memories.  Very few have MADE it out there after they are gone from the Q.  Mike Rowe is one who has his own show.