Trusted Contributor

I do miss Lisa. I don't care how many times she looked into the monitor . A few of the hosts should do some checking on themselves.  Lisa always explained her products. She was never boring always added humor which kept me watching. Loved her Christmas shows. No I'm not obsessed with her but she was a great host. I wish her well.

Respected Contributor

I started this thread.  I am not obsessed with Lisa R. But as time goes on I have come to appreciate how really good she was at her job. She was great at creating excitement about products. You also never felt she was delivering the hard sell.  Lisa did look in the monitor, but the monitors are also a point of information for the hosts.  Anyway I wish her well in all of her future endeavors.

Honored Contributor

@culebra wrote:

I started this thread.  I am not obsessed with Lisa R. But as time goes on I have come to appreciate how really good she was at her job. She was great at creating excitement about products. You also never felt she was delivering the hard sell.  Lisa did look in the monitor, but the monitors are also a point of information for the hosts.  Anyway I wish her well in all of her future endeavors.

Nicely stated, @culebra.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I for one miss Lisa too.  She was a great salesperson, had a great sense of humor, and had a great sense of style.  As for looking at the monitor, a close friend of mine, met a QVC vendor (who shall remain nameless) on vacation, and he told her that the hosts have quotas and they check the monitor to see the counter and how close they are to making their quota.  I thought that tidbit was interesting to say the least, but certainly not surprising!

Honored Contributor

I strongly suspect Lisa will be making an announcement in about a month or so.  She's made comments on her FB page about having to "wait it out" referring to a non-compete. 

She also recently posted a photo/video about starting her x-mas decorating because she said she will be gone a good part of November.  Of course this is just an assumption on my part but my first thought was she will be finalizing her new venture throughout November.  

Honored Contributor

Since it's the one thing that bothered people most about her, I just want to ask "what is wrong with looking at the TV monitor to see how one looks?"  WHAT!  None of you women ever look in a mirror?  And the ones who don't . . . is that some kind of admirable thing?"  Not caring about one's appearance . . . having no vanity . . . somehow that makes someone a better person?

I never got it, still don't get it.  SO WHAT??!!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Esteemed Contributor

@culebra well said. I think she was good at her job and I don't know that I appreciated it until she was gone.

There are a lot of hosts on QVC now who I can't even watch for 2 minutes, let alone an entire hour.

Respected Contributor

Culebra, very nice post and I also miss Lisa i don't care how many times she checked the monitor or fixed her hair etc. Lisa is good on TV she is a excellant presenter fun to listen to. No obsession just really enjoyed the times with Lisa. I wish her the best of what the world has to offer her she is one very nice person.

Respected Contributor

AMEN   Lilac Tree. You have stated your thoughts perfectly and I agree with you 100%. So what is the big stink that Lisa looked at the monitor that was her job to do the best at what she was presenting. Thank you for saying what you said on here for it is the truth. What is the big deal of looking at a monitor????

Honored Contributor

Re: Lisa Robertson

[ Edited ]

@LilacTree wrote:

Since it's the one thing that bothered people most about her, I just want to ask "what is wrong with looking at the TV monitor to see how one looks?"  WHAT!  None of you women ever look in a mirror?  And the ones who don't . . . is that some kind of admirable thing?"  Not caring about one's appearance . . . having no vanity . . . somehow that makes someone a better person?

I never got it, still don't get it.  SO WHAT??!!

I think it just gave those who would've been her rather vocal naysayers anyway, whatever their supposed reasons, something concrete to grasp onto...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...