Esteemed Contributor

Who was the the Designer who made Antonella cry?

I was watching Denim & Co this afternoon and a caller mentioned to Antonella that she has been watching since '91. There were a few vague comments and the caller said she felt bad for her when the designer made her cry. Antonella mentioned that she remembered that...... a designer (who is no longer with QVC) had made her cry when she was new.

I was wondering if anyone knew who she was refering to. I enjoy Antonella and I am glad she 'stuck it out'.....She seems like such a nice person....

Honored Contributor

Re: Who was the the Designer who made Antonella cry?

@Nataliesgramma I don't know who it was, but my guess would be Koos, who sold the line Koos of Course on QVC (we have a thread about it here you can search for) because he sometimes cracked on hosts who were overweight. He had no filter and made rude comments.  He was kind of nasty actually.

Esteemed Contributor

I think Koos was long gone before Antonella came to the Q....

I heard that caller and was curious if anyone remembers that incident...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@circles wrote:

I think Koos was long gone before Antonella came to the Q....

I heard that caller and was curious if anyone remembers that incident...

@circlesNope.  The dates he was on the Q are on the Koos thread here.

http://community.qvc.com/t5/Fashion/Does-anyone-remember-the-time-frame-Koos-was-on-Q/m-p/2255123/hi...

Honored Contributor

I may be wrong, but I think it was Joan Rivers. I watched a few shows with AN and JR when AN was a new host and she was very rude to Antonella.

Respected Contributor

Did Antonella cry on camera?  I've had a couple of instances when I was working that my boss made me cry, but I had the option of going to the ladies room to do it.  Antonella is a gem.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Valued Contributor

I didn't see when Antoinella cried but I did see one host be very rude to Suzanne Runyan years ago when she was on QVC.  I don't recall who he was but I think he was a fashion designer.  I felt so sorry for her.  He treated her like she was incompetent. She wasn't doing anything wrong.  She handled herself very well and certainly did not deserve his mistreatment.  

Valued Contributor

I have been watching QVC for a long time and I never heard about this.  The TV business is hard for plus/full figure women and I'm sure if you saw AN in real life she is "NOT" that big.  TV adds weight to everyone. 

Valued Contributor

Joan Rivers was notorious for mocking overweight people. 

I don't know if she was the one who made antoinella cry, but WHY on earth would someone bring that up on air??  how horrible for Antoinella that a surely horrible on-live-TV experience from the past was RE-brought up on Live TV.  sheesh. Open mouth, insert foot. 

Esteemed Contributor

I don't know anything about that incident, but I wish they'd stop the viewer call-in segments!