Contributor

Delivery Delays: RIDICULOUS!

I placed an order for Sketchers on May 14th. It is now June 4th and I still have not received my order. So, I tried to call about this and was on hold for almost 35 minutes. I also tried Chat Live but after getting kicked off twice and wasted aanother hour. I was furious. 

I was told it is in process. What is that? I got no adequate explanation. So I told them since it was not sent and since I was told it would be another week or so until it is sent, to cancel it. I was told they cannot do that??? What is going on QVC? Have you taken orders for products you do not have? Our orders come from Ontario, CA, what is the story? Well, it is going back once I receive it which will be almost 6 weeks after I ordered it. Don't blame it on Covid, Amazon has no problem getting my orders to me in 2 days. I will have to think long and hard before I order again for awhile.. Anyone else have this problem?

Honored Contributor

Re: Delivery Delays: RIDICULOUS!

Try getting an order from Amazon in 2 days now.  I haven't received one in months.  Not all your orders come from Ontario; it depends on where the merchandise is located.  I'm in their territory and get maybe 25% of mine from that location.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@cazenovia 

Amazon orders in 2 days?  Ummm, no.  I ordered some toothpaste on May 15th & it won't be delivered until June 12th.  By then my teeth will rot.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

The difference is amazon tells you up front when the order will be delivered, at least my orders. Right now my orders are coming faster from amazon. What was to be delivered in a week is coming in about 5 days. When I order from QVC I order nothing that has to come immediately. When it comes, it comes.

Valued Contributor

It seems like the majority of complaints on here are about excessive delays in receiving orders and non-existent customer service, myself included. I have not received Amazon orders in 2 days but I have received Amazon, Ulta, Best Buy, Earth Shoes website, Walmart, Ebay, HSN & GH Bass in 7-10 days. I will also be stepping away from QVC, hopefully for the time being. But with so many better options available I may not come back. Sadly from what I'm reading on here it seems QVC is losing some good customers.
Honored Contributor

Seems many of the same ones post over and over about this but yet seem to keep ordering.  They have had the Covid statement about delays in shipping so  if I wanted or needed something fast I knew not to order since most of their items are nonessential purchases.  While I have been patient with orders because I get these are different times, I have had so many issues with Walmart that I will not order from there anymore!  I would sooner wait a bit longer than to have them just email me saying they are refunding for my orders and that I should reorder and having it happen all over again.  

Amazon was a real mess March and April particularly with suspending 2 day prime deliveries and having my subscription orders way delayed.  They stated that priority life sustaining deliveries would be made first and kept "updating" expected delivery dates even on those - often  not receiving orders for over a month and have had several orders never coming at all and being refunded.  They even have a fleet of their own delivery vehicles and hire private delivery people so hneir orders should not have taken so long it seems.   For me, QVC was the one place I have received the best delivery from.  I ordered a pair of sketchers around the same time as OP but was sent an email that they would be delayed and given the opportunity to cancel but since I really liked them and had no immediate need to have them or go barefoot was willing to wait and they came yesterday. 

We each have to decide for ourselves

Trusted Contributor

I agree that orders from QVC are taking ridiculously long to make it to wherever they are going.  I understand the shipping delays with all that is going on in the world, but as others have said, other companies are shipping out MUCH faster.  I have also ordered from Amazon (with delays), Target, and clothing stores for my girls, and everything has shipped within a fair time period.  They have ALL had delays, which is expected.  However, the difference is that they are upfront about the expected ship time and delivery date.  QVC is not.  It shows in stock and then it sits "in process" without any explanation.  You can't cancel the order either, which seems unfair.  If customers had the option to cancel an item that is obviously nowhere near shipping, there might be less angry people.

If I order anything from QVC during this period of time, it will be with the expectation that I won't receive it for at least a month.  I wouldn't order something that I actually need right now.  If you think like that, you might not be too disappointed.

Contributor

I have an auto delivery order I forgot to move out that is now on it's way. I tried to cancel it when it was "processing", but it wouldn't let me. Looks like it might be going back as well once it gets here. I will probably just cancel it altogether, as they are jumbo size Josie Maran products that I just am not using as fast as I thought I would.

Maybe I'm not remembering it right, but I thought that in the past you could cancel orders up until they shipped. Oh well...

Super Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@cazenovia 

Amazon orders in 2 days?  Ummm, no.  I ordered some toothpaste on May 15th & it won't be delivered until June 12th.  By then my teeth will rot.

Did you know toothpaste is available at most brick and mortar stores like pharmacies, discount, and grocery stores?  And Amazon tells you when items will be delivered.

Respected Contributor

I placed an order with Target on May 4th. It was not delivered until June 2nd. While it was in process I could not cancel  Every time I checked the EDD it was pushed back further and further. These were not essential items. Because of the pandemic warehouses are not fully staffed some working with 50% work force to keep people safe. These are not normal times. If you absolutely have to have something don't order online. Otherwise we all need to be patient and be thankful that there are still people who work everyday to make our lives easier.