Honored Contributor

Re: Are there any food items that you bought at QVC that you think were worth the expense?

I've been gifted cookies, steaks and crumb cakes from QVC.  All were very good, but I wouldn't pay those prices. I will splurge for a Grandma's Coffee Cake!

Honored Contributor

Re: Are there any food items that you bought at QVC that you think were worth the expense?

[ Edited ]

@elizabethl123 wrote:

I DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM QVC OR OTHER SHOP CHANNELS  WAY OVER PRICED  ESP THE FOOD

@elizabethl123 - How odd. You don't buy anything from QVC or any shopping channel, but you're on a shopping channel's forum?  How did you manage to find it? And why would you want to?  Seriously just curious.

BTW, perhaps you don't know that putting everything in caps is considered shouting.  Not necessary to get your point across.

Trusted Contributor

I enjoy Cheryl's cookies but never buy them from QVC.  We're lucky to have a store fairly close and every Wednesday they have 5 for $5, limit of 3.  So I get 15 cookies for $15 and pick whichever ones I want.  And they freeze forever.  I just had one they discontinued that was almost 2 years old and it was great.

Esteemed Contributor

I purchased Enstroms Candy last year as a TSV, with a December delivery. It was ridiculously good. I can't even remember the cost but it was worth it.

True statement, I was speaking with my SIL on the phone last week, and she asked me to please bring her some more of this candy this Christmas. 

I am hoping that it's an upcoming TSV again for this year.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

Enstrom's English Toffee is wonderful.  I was eating it for years before it was discovered by QVC.  I got my order in during CIJ and am eagerly awaiting its November arrival.

@Kachina624 @Etoile308 

OMG, those are so good. I was hoping for another TSV. I never watch the CIJ shows, so I had no idea they were presented then, because I would have purchased. 

Honored Contributor

@Etoile308 wrote:

@Sooner @I have to ask, do you like English Toffee? I know not everyone cares for candy, but if you enjoy milk chocolate English Toffee then to me Enstrom's is one of the best. And trust me I've tried lots of toffee in my lifetime. I especially enjoy the single wrapped bite size pieces. Genius way to not overindulged. 

@Etoile308 No, we are toffee lovers!  We can't wait for the church friend who makes it to bring some.  We love it from Heath Bars to gourment candies and good toffee with chocolate.

But we think Enstrom's is simply awful.  It's is too thick and hard, not caramelIzed flavor enough and has that coating on top that both of us REALLY hate.  We rate it as some of the worst.  

Sorry but to each their own! 

Respected Contributor

@icezeus, I ordered some during CIJ, but it wasn't the individual square pieces. It was the  2lb slab with the dusted nuts on top. Think the first shipping is early November, so it may be shown again soon in the next few weeks. Another TSV of the individual pieces would be welcome. 

Trusted Contributor

Not really. Those I've tried have been good but not great, and not good value for the price. But I'm glad for those who want the convenience and like the food items more than I do.

Esteemed Contributor

@maximillion wrote:

@itsmetoo wrote:

We love Mrs Prindables apples and I have been buying them at the holidays for as long as I can remember.  My Grandma's coffee cakes have also been received well as gifts though I've never had them myself.  I can personally vouch for the apples though!

I had always wanted to try the My Grandma's coffee cake. I never bought one from the Q, but I did one holiday season when we were at the Honeybaked Ham store. I thought it was good, but not as rave-worthy as Jill Bauer used to make them out to be! JMO

@maximillion .... I bought the My Grandma’s coffee cake from the Q ... it was delicious & I would definitely buy it again😃

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@maximillion     Intriguing question.  I have purchased:

Harry London candy in the tins several times.  Loved them as did my grandson and his school and playground friends.  I use the tins for storage for seasonal baking tools, such as my huge collection of cookie cutters.  

Beekman Brothers Goat Poo candy once for myself and as a gift--

very good.

Squirrel brand nuts--Town and Country Mix--very flavorful.

David's Cookies that had individually wrapped brownies in a ceramic Christmas Present cookie jar--brownies were good, but I ordered mainly to get the jar.  Prefer my own from scratch Joy of Cooking's Brownies C....aigne.

Junior's cheesecake full size in several flavors--all excellent--more than once.  I even ordered the "Pieturken" humongous one in 2017 that was probably so difficult for the bakery to make but it was excellent and well worth the high price.  They never offered it again.

Mrs. Prindable's apples to to give to my oldest grandson's school teachers, school bus driver and aide, and crossing guard for Christmas when he started preK 33 and I was walking him to the bus stop each morning and meeting him each afternoon.

Saltopia sets for myself and as gifts.

Corky's seasoning set.

Bob Warden's flavoring bases which were wonderful.  Since I can't get them anymore I buy Better Than Bouillon.

aroc3435

Washington, DC