Respected Contributor

Re: Are there any food items that you bought at QVC that you think were worth the expense?

@bluetail fly   Just FYI:  On Junior's website they have the Pumpkin Cheesecake listed and on sale for $44.99 instead of the normal $50.95.  I love that flavor, too.  One of my favorites from them.

Hope this helps.

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Trusted Contributor

Re: Are there any food items that you bought at QVC that you think were worth the expense?

@maximillion  Always purchase the beef tenderloin tips and chicken fried chicken.

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

@aroc3435 Isn't that Better than Bouillon the best?  I love having that around!  Especially the ham flavored for a pot of beans or peas!

Honored Contributor

I have bought a few:

Cheryl's Cookies-loved them and so did my granddaughters.

Juniors Cheesecake-very very good,expensive but if you are only buying once or twice a year-not  too bad!

Farmer's popcorn-love the small snacksize bags-perfect for when Granddaughters spend the night! We love their Kettle Korn.....

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

I never understood why anyone would buy food from any shopping channel.   Don't know about the quality but way, way overpriced.

I buy a LOT of food from QVC.  I find the items I buy to be comparable to good quality food markets.

I NEVER impulse buy.

I am on AD for Hearthland Chix...I have NEVER found a better REAL 100% chix breast out there.

I am on AD for Croissants.  I can make them fresh whenever I want.  Delicious!

I am on AD for the Salmon and Sea bass....best fish I have purchased.

I don't buy cakes, cheesecakes and cookies because I bake....but not everyone does.  I know how much it costs me to make a top quality cheesecake and do not find Jr prices to be over the top at all.

We all purchase what we want.

Many ppl appreciate the convenience of home delivery.

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

All prepared gourmet foods are expensive.  Look at the catalogs sent out during holidays.  It isn't only QVC, but we splurge for Thanksgiving and Christmas.  

Landies Chocolate Covered Pretzels...they are a 10.

Grandma's Cinnamon Walnut Cake

Beatrice's Fruit and Nut cake...also a 10.

Butter Maid Nut and Seed Rolls

Jimmy the Baker Cinnamon Crumb Cake

QVC sold a peanut butter pie, similar to a cookie pizza that was outstanding.  Haven't seen it for a few years.  Customers complained about the calories and oils used.  It was out of this world yummy, but at 600 calories a slice........

@Foxxee 

Thanks for the thumbs up on the Beatrice Fruit Cake.  DH loves it (not moi!).  It looks like what his mom made which sadly, the recipe was lost.

I previously tried 3 times to recreate it.  Those fruits are VERY expensive!  Not to mention nuts and  the 3 liquors Beatrice uses.

I thought $29 was a very fair price and ordered one to surprise him.  Hope he likes it too!

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@elizabethl123 wrote:

I DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM QVC OR OTHER SHOP CHANNELS  WAY OVER PRICED  ESP THE FOOD

@elizabethl123 - How odd. You don't buy anything from QVC or any shopping channel, but you're on a shopping channel's forum?  How did you manage to find it? And why would you want to?  Seriously just curious.

BTW, perhaps you don't know that putting everything in caps is considered shouting.  Not necessary to get your point across.

=========

@Venezia  I believe @elizabethl123  has explained she is elderly with poor vision and the CAPS are useful to her. We need to be conscious of her physical disability, just as we should let spelling and grammar errors go. No need to make people feel bad.

Valued Contributor

I bought the fegetable potstickers that were tputed as better than anything sold in stores.  They were HORRIBLE.   I am 100% Italian so I don't need meatballs or anything else.  I make cakes as good as whay they sell.  I did gift Mrs. Prindibles though.  They are reasonable priced I think..I have seen apples at $25 each at the department store....all though those big stores are all closing.....sad !

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Removed, as a few people offended and that was not my intention.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

@Venezia wrote:

@elizabethl123 wrote:

I DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM QVC OR OTHER SHOP CHANNELS  WAY OVER PRICED  ESP THE FOOD

@elizabethl123 - How odd. You don't buy anything from QVC or any shopping channel, but you're on a shopping channel's forum?  How did you manage to find it? And why would you want to?  Seriously just curious.

BTW, perhaps you don't know that putting everything in caps is considered shouting.  Not necessary to get your point across.

=========

@Venezia  I believe @elizabethl123  has explained she is elderly with poor vision and the CAPS are useful to her. We need to be conscious of her physical disability, just as we should let spelling and grammar errors go. No need to make people feel bad.

@AuntG - I don't know the poster or her particular condition.  However, the question posed was whether you bought any food items that you thought were worth the expense.

So also no need for someone to respond just to say she buys nothing - not just food - and that everything is overpriced.  How does that add to the conversation, except to imply that anyone who does is foolish.

(And the question still remains, how does someone who never shops with any shopping channel, find herself on their forum?  Perhaps Adeline will answer for herself, since my question was directed to her.)