Frequent Contributor

Are there any food items that you bought at QVC that you think were worth the expense?

The only food item that I have purchased were Cheryl's Cookies on a continuity program. While they were very good, I would have preferred them to all be the frosted cookies. What about you? What food items have you bought that you would buy again and thought were worth the expense?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Are there any food items that you bought at QVC that you think were worth the expense?

Was watching Holiday Gourmet this afternoon and it gave me a good laugh.  The prices are ridiculous.  A cake for $72?   It is only 6 inches across!  I would never buy food from QVC as their prices are beyond belief.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Are there any food items that you bought at QVC that you think were worth the expense?

We love Mrs Prindables apples and I have been buying them at the holidays for as long as I can remember.  My Grandma's coffee cakes have also been received well as gifts though I've never had them myself.  I can personally vouch for the apples though!

Valued Contributor

I DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM QVC OR OTHER SHOP CHANNELS  WAY OVER PRICED  ESP THE FOOD

Valued Contributor

We have bought a few items. We like the Mama Mancini beef meatballs and sauce.

We do also like Kansas City beef and burgers.

I have snet Farmer John's products as gifts to others and the raves were good.

Frequent Contributor

@itsmetoo wrote:

We love Mrs Prindables apples and I have been buying them at the holidays for as long as I can remember.  My Grandma's coffee cakes have also been received well as gifts though I've never had them myself.  I can personally vouch for the apples though!

I had always wanted to try the My Grandma's coffee cake. I never bought one from the Q, but I did one holiday season when we were at the Honeybaked Ham store. I thought it was good, but not as rave-worthy as Jill Bauer used to make them out to be! JMO

Super Contributor

I have purchased a few food items from QVC in the past.  Grandma's Pumpkin Bundt Cake and Junior's mini cheesecake assortment.  They were okay but I probably won't purchase again.  I got the sides from ST. Clair one year (TSV)  and they never arrived.  I also purchased Farmer John's popcorn and didn't care for it so I gave 20 something bags to my gardner.

I think I won't be purchasing food items any longer from QVC unless there is a great deal.  I'm better off making it myself.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

I thought that this would be a good and fun thread because you know we are going to be inundated with food shows from now until the end of the year! And then, it will be a new year and we will have all of the diet and exercise shows! First, they fatten you up, and then, they want you to lose it all in the new year! SMH

Honored Contributor

I never understood why anyone would buy food from any shopping channel.   Don't know about the quality but way, way overpriced.

Frequent Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

I never understood why anyone would buy food from any shopping channel.   Don't know about the quality but way, way overpriced.

I think that they are mostly impulse buys. Especially if you are watching while you are hungry!