Frequent Contributor

Re: Are there any food items that you bought at QVC that you think were worth the expense?

Hopefully, this thread has helped everyone who is on the fence about purchasing certain food items from QVC. It is helpful to get others opinions, especially if you are planning to send something to someone as a gift and have not tried the food item yourself.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Are there any food items that you bought at QVC that you think were worth the expense?

[ Edited ]

It appears that the Heartland Chicken is the big winner! No complaints on that one! Junior's Cheesecakes rate very highly, as do Mrs. Prindables apples and Cheryl's cookies. Honorable mentions go to My Grandma's coffeecake, Enstrom's toffee, and the potstickers.

ETA: This is not the complete list. Check individual posts for more QVC brands.

Honored Contributor

I often buy the St Clair sides for Thanksgiving/Christmas.  I would use 2 sides for Thanksgiving and the other 2 for Christmas.  When I consider the cost it's not just the ingredients, but the time spent putting lists together, going to at least one grocery store, often 2 to get the ingredients, and then putting them together and cooking them.  For someone who doesn't enjoy cooking and generally only cooks for 2 it may be pricey, but it's worth it especially when you consider all the other prep work for having company, even if it is just family, over. That way I only have to worry about the meat, bread, and dessert.

I won't be buying the set of 4 this year since  don't eat broccoli in any form.  I'm looking at  the set of 3 though as a possibility.  

Respected Contributor

So also no need for someone to respond just to say she buys nothing - not just food - and that everything is overpriced.  How does that add to the conversation, except to imply that anyone who does is foolish.

(And the question still remains, how does someone who never shops with any shopping channel, find herself on their forum?  Perhaps Adeline will answer for herself, since my question was directed to her.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

who knows? and who cares? This is QVC's mb and anyone who wants to post here can. Why are you so interested? And who made YOU a monitor? if this bothers you so much, you can tattle to a REAL monitor.

Honored Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

So also no need for someone to respond just to say she buys nothing - not just food - and that everything is overpriced.  How does that add to the conversation, except to imply that anyone who does is foolish.

(And the question still remains, how does someone who never shops with any shopping channel, find herself on their forum?  Perhaps Adeline will answer for herself, since my question was directed to her.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

who knows? and who cares? This is QVC's mb and anyone who wants to post here can. Why are you so interested? And who made YOU a monitor? if this bothers you so much, you can tattle to a REAL monitor.

That's a pretty juvenile comment. But feel free to "tattle" if you feel the need.

Honored Contributor

@Catch71 wrote:

@RespectLife 

I have been tempted to try the salmon.  Which one do you like to have it on AD?

@Catch71 

Egg Harbor(8)6oz Faroe Island Salmon

My particular item # has sold out, but that is the description of what we love.

Honored Contributor

I buy my seafood from Great-Alaska-Seafood in Alaska.  It's worth every penny to me.  Their service is very good too!

We have a fairly small grocery store chain in just a few states that has perfected the art of meat....beef, chicken, pork.  And their prices are less than other stores.  I have purchased from Omaha Steaks but care for their chicken and pork.

Frequent Contributor

I love the Haddock, the Bagels & Bialys.  Have reordered both  & they are delicious!