Honored Contributor

I'm not eating that ol dry stale GV brand bread for 96 cents. You buy on Thurs and it's dry and hard edges by Friday. Husband jumps on me for buying "days old" bread. I holler it's not old look at the expiration date.

So, why I pay double for the Wonder Bread and now it's like trying to find

a diamond ring in the street. LOL

Respected Contributor

It seems like I have trouble finding most of what I want anymore at Walmart anymore. Everytime I ask about a product that they are out of, they say I can order it from their website then come pick it up at the store. Not gonna do it.

Honored Contributor

My mother was ahead of her time in terms of bread. We never had the squichy type.

These days we eat Milton's Healthy Multi-Grain. It's less expensive at T.J. than at my market.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

Re: Wonder Sandwich Bread

[ Edited ]

During the summer months, there is nothing better than white bread (Wonder), with thick slices of beefsteak tomatoes, and globs of mayonnaise dusted with salt and pepper.  Yum!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Wonder Sandwich Bread

[ Edited ]

@homedecor1 wrote:

@SharkE 

Our WM has discontinued in the past 2 months:

All wonder bread products

Entenmanns

Arnold breads

and various brands

I asked and they told me store undergoing "product line" changes.  Bread area  has been replaced with mostly their brand products.

Other things I used to buy there (food related) are slowly being replaced by "great value" WM brand.

Now, I shop WinnDixie or Publix prices a little more but they have what I want.

@homedecor1 

They already did that here. Stopped carrying a lot of name brand stuff to replace with their Great Value garbage. They say it's the same but it's not if you have tired it.

It did not work out very well here & they started carrying more name brand stuff again.

They have been making a lot of changes here also. They quit stocking King Arthur Flour, LouAna Safflower oil, Hellmans low fat mayo, Amish noodles, organic frozen strawberries & blueberries or the wild blueberries etc. 

If they start going back to their Great Value brand I won't be shopping there for groceries.

They did this in Sam's Club. Most of the stuff is Members Mark. We don't want just Sam's brand or Wal-Mart brand. Don't they get that???

After we went to Sam's in Apr we did not renew our membership. That saves us a 3 hr round trip drive to go there.

Now there's a Costco so we might try it.

I have never heard of Arnold's bread or bought any Entenmanns.  

Wish we had a Winn Dixie & Publix.

Does your Winn Dixie have a Wing Bar in the deli?

Honored Contributor

I second that post

Respected Contributor

I'll check it out the next time I go to the store.  Hate when stuff I like is discontinued.  Seems to happen often lately.

Honored Contributor

better not take out my King Arthur Flour !

You don't know what fury is till U seen me in action only decent flour U can get here in MY PART OF TX. Used to carry white lily they took that out.

walmart, don't want no part of this hahahahahhahahahaha

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

better not take out my King Arthur Flour !

You don't know what fury is till U seen me in action only decent flour U can get here in MY PART OF TX. Used to carry white lily they took that out.

walmart, don't want no part of this hahahahahhahahahaha

@SharkE 

Really ticked me off when they stop stocking it here. I have to order it online or buy something else. I figured one of the other grocery stores would carry it but NO!!!

They also stopped stocking Arrowhead Organic flour that I like.

I bought 3 bags bread flour from Amazon & they sent me 3 bags with the date of June 2019. Still have 1 bag in the freezer. Won't be ordering it from Amazon so not sure what I will do.

Thought about trying some recipes with coconut & or almond flour. From pics I have seen things don't look like they rise like they do with reg flour. No gluten.

Contributor

As nice and fresh as it seems, the "freshness" is  created by additives. Why do you think homemade bread goes stale so fast ind isn't all that soft. Twinkies stay soft using the same technology. Mostly its market force, if people keep buying it it gets made, if not it doesn't. Or an ingredient has become scarce.