Honored Contributor

Is there a problem with white lily flour.We don’t have it available either.

Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE, I know you're specifically looking for Wonder sandwich bread, and hopefully you can find it at another grocery chain. One thing you might consider trying is Walmart's own sliced Italian bread. It's white, very soft and thin sliced. It makes excellent toast - makes good sandwiches too although the crust isn't as soft as the sandwich bread. It's usually $1 for a big loaf, but is only 50 cents when on the sale rack (and it's still fresh). It also freezes well.

It's frustrating when a store discontinues a product you love....hope you're able to find the Wonder bread elsewhere.

Honored Contributor

Re: Wonder Sandwich Bread

[ Edited ]

@SharkE 

yes WD has just remodeled & updated most stores in our area.  They have been having excellent BOGO offers -- much better pricing than Publix🙂.  When Publix does BOGO, for instance, Hellman's mayo reg. $3.99 (WD) but Publix (5.75) to cover BOGO.

Yes, they have nice deli dept. with wing bar.  Monday's they have "chicken dinner night" -- 8 pieces chicken, 1 side, rolls for $8.99.  I will buy it and normally have it the next night.  

When I was up north last week I went with my niece she wanted to join Costco.  Boy, I could go broke in there -- no comparison to Sams!  They have lots of "name" brand things -- our closest Costco is hour away or I would join.  Plus, I don't buy "big" bulk anymore but there are many items I would like peanut butter, flours, etc. 

Honored Contributor

I like this

image.png

Honored Contributor

I'll let you all know if I get it back in store. LOL Not for lack of trying.

When I go back up to Ind. in the Fall I'm loading up the SUV with

White Lily LOL

That Hodgson MIlls has their own flour, also. I tried that one time seems

ok. Just want to stay away from Gold Medal. Too many recalls for my

peace of mind. Factory infestations, buggy.   Don't want to gift somebody something I made and they tell people it was buggy. LOL

Ruin my rep ! LOL

Respected Contributor

OMG you all hate me love cheap white bread, yep meatloaf sandwch so many hot turkey or beef sandwitch. good turkey sandwich with mayo on white bread salt pepper . So funny . eat whatever, I am not overweight, just enjoy rare but do crave peanut butter & jelly once about 2 times a year.Love a white bread  

Respected Contributor

Re: Wonder Sandwich Bread

[ Edited ]

I'm sorry you can't find it in your area.  I havn't had Wonderbread in a while but I Know it Does have is's place. Especially in the summer.  Those Tomato sandwiches and we ALL know that Wonder Bread is the TOPS for making Fluffernutters!  Anything else and its not a proper Fluffernutter!

ETA:  If you're in the Boston area There is a Fluff Festival Celebrating All things Marshmallow Fluff in September in Somerville.

Honored Contributor

I made myself feel better by making my own LOL

DSCN0750.JPG

Frequent Contributor

Just finished a slice of this toasted. Love it!  Sold at Costco in a 2-pack for $1 more than 1 loaf of same at Whole Foods. It isn't marked Thin Sliced but the slices are quite thin and good sandwich bread. Delicious, healthy and I love the crunch. 

Contributor

Just talked to the Wonder guy where I shop and he said it is availabe on Amazon.  Hope this helps.  I just purchased a loaf to try.