Honored Contributor

@SharkE  Since they have a website, can you order this bread from them directly? I'd do that if it's possible.

Honored Contributor

I haven't thought about Wonder Bread in a long time.  I rarely eat sandwiches, but when I do, it's definitely Arnold Bread.  (that is, if it's on sale...)

Honored Contributor

I make my bread in my breadmaker.  Haven't bought a  loaf of bread in grocery store in over three years.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Wonder Sandwich Bread

[ Edited ]

We always make our own bread but when I buy some I buy Dave's Killer Seed Bread thin sliced.

Wal-Mart online shows the Wonder Classic bread is out of stock. Not available to order online or pick up in store.

This tells me Wal-Mart most likely quit stocking it. They have done this with several products I use. I was told they had to make room for their beer-liquor dept & new organic dept.???

They no longer carry King Arthur in the store plus several other baking products I buy. I had to start ordering the flour online because I have not found it here.

Here is a Wonder Bread recipe from poster hyeit/54 which changed her name to Antilope. Have not seen her around in years but wish she would come back. Just a thought but you could try her recipe to see how you like it. You can slice as thin as you like.

I'm with you I like the thin sliced bread because I also don't want a mouth full of bread.

@SharkE 

Wonder Bread Copycat 

This is a delicious, buttery white bread that is
great for sandwiches, toast or just plain with butter.

This has the lightness and texture of Wonder Bread but with a nice buttery flavor.

2/3 cup lukewarm water
1 large egg
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1 1/4 teaspoons table salt
5 tablespoons soft butter (I used butter flavor Crisco)
1/2 cup plain yogurt
3 1/4 to 3 1/2 cups Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
2 1/2 teaspoons (or 1 packet) bread machine or instant yeast

Add ingredients to bread machine in order listed or
according to your bread machine mfg's directions.

Settings: White Bread, 1 1/2 lb loaf, Medium Crust.

Press Start.

Makes One, 1 1/2 lb loaf.

hyeit54/Q/2-2013

changed name to Antilope

Honored Contributor

Now, that sounds really good

Bet the yogurt is what would keep it really fresh.

I have a ZO machine, will print out and see how it does !

Thanks !

Honored Contributor

Re: Wonder Sandwich Bread

[ Edited ]

@SharkE wrote:

Now, that sounds really good

Bet the yogurt is what would keep it really fresh.

I have a ZO machine, will print out and see how it does !

Thanks !

@SharkE 

If you make it let me know how it turns out. I can't remember if we ever tried it or not but think I did.

I know she posted other recipes. She posted one I made that makes those little loaves of bread like Outback has. They are really good.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE 

Our WM has discontinued in the past 2 months:

All wonder bread products

Entenmanns

Arnold breads

and various brands

I asked and they told me store undergoing "product line" changes.  Bread area  has been replaced with mostly their brand products.

Other things I used to buy there (food related) are slowly being replaced by "great value" WM brand.

Now, I shop WinnDixie or Publix prices a little more but they have what I want.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

I did, message # 1.

Not going "to ruin my day" just don't see why a product that sells well is not readily available.

@SharkE On special occasions once or twice year, I have a bologna sandwich (the good kind you buy in the deli!) with yes, WONDER bread and Hellman's real mayo!  Like you said, it's the best--the sandwich kind.  The crust is better than the other one.

Anyway, I do feel your pain!  Fight the good fight!  Woman Happy

@Sooner 

that is exactly what I had for lunch but on fresh deli roll.  Growing up my dad would go to the italian bakery and buy a loaf of italian bread, buy 1lb of Loefflers (NJ brand) bologna.  He'd splather the bread with Hellman's mayo, lettuce, fresh jersey tomatoes then bologna...oh my goodness -- heaven!

Boy I miss those wonderful lazy summer days at the Jersey shore😊

Honored Contributor

I will.

Tomorrow I'm making 'Fluffy Dinner Rolls' from page 23 in the 

Cast Iron favorites magazine I bought from Sam's Club.

They have basic down home favorites in their mag.

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@SharkE 

Our WM has discontinued in the past 2 months:

All wonder bread products

Entenmanns

Arnold breads

and various brands

I asked and they told me store undergoing "product line" changes.  Bread area  has been replaced with mostly their brand products.

Other things I used to buy there (food related) are slowly being replaced by "great value" WM brand.

Now, I shop WinnDixie or Publix prices a little more but they have what I want.

Wouldn't surprise me if Walmart doesn't do that. All their cheap Great Value brands have pushed out a lot of good brands lately. They assume everybody wants the lesser quality products to save a nickel. I have some relatives that now do their grocery shopping elsewhere to get name brands like Bush beans, Libby's, etc.