Honored Contributor

Not Classic bread, but, SANDWICH bread. Anybody have trouble

getting that variety in their Walmart stores ? I've been fighting tooth and claw to get that thinner bread in my local store..

I contacted Wonder directly by email, ok, they got it in, now, it's been gone for about a month, I called and they said they would talk "to the bakers" and find out what's going on.   Still no result

At 7 this morning I was in Walmart and asked to speak to a Mgr and asked them what the problem was they said they would ask the delivery man about it. Came home fired off another email to Wonder Bread.

Sheesh, gonna have to switch to Mrs. Bairds I guess. Wonder is always the freshest and that Classic bread is to thick for regular sandwiches who

wants a mouth full of bread. LOL

Respected Contributor

I don’t like a lot of bread either (plus white bread is not good for you). I use 1 piece of bread on the bottom and a lettuce leaf as my top piece.

An extra 1/4 inch of bread shouldn’t ruin your day 

Honored Contributor

I am in So Joisey & Wonder Sandwich Bread is all I've ever purchased.  It's in all the grocery stores in my neck of the woods. 

You are correct, Wonder is the "freshest" brand around.

Have you considered calling?

1-866-245-8921

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I did, message # 1.

Not going "to ruin my day" just don't see why a product that sells well is not readily available.

Honored Contributor

We don't go through much bread at my house, but even so I can't remember the last time I bought good old squishy white bread.  

I'm getting a hankering for a slice with lovely schmear (or is it shmear?) of butter.....

Honored Contributor

@scatcat wrote:

I don’t like a lot of bread either (plus white bread is not good for you). I use 1 piece of bread on the bottom and a lettuce leaf as my top piece.

@scatcat   Don't know but I do know a lettuce leaf on top would surely run my day!  

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

I did, message # 1.

Not going "to ruin my day" just don't see why a product that sells well is not readily available.

@SharkE On special occasions once or twice year, I have a bologna sandwich (the good kind you buy in the deli!) with yes, WONDER bread and Hellman's real mayo!  Like you said, it's the best--the sandwich kind.  The crust is better than the other one.

Anyway, I do feel your pain!  Fight the good fight!  Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

I seriously can not remember the last time I ate white bread. I would much rather eat rye or whole grain

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@scatcat wrote:

@scatcat   Don't know but I do know a lettuce leaf on top would surely run my day!  

ROFL You learn something new every day. I make my own bread, so, I'm not giving that up. LOL Life is too short. I can go light whole wheat, but, those darker breads guess birds will eat. They're good , though, if your constipated.

Honored Contributor

Wonderbread was the only one in my home when I was a kid in the 60s. I haven't notice the brand much in my locatl supermarket as there are so many choices. I go for Arnold whole grains now.