Respected Contributor

Re: What Do You Use Now For Large Roasts Please?

We have the Analon Tri Ply 17 inch Roaster. It sells on Amazon, and at Bed Bath and Beyond for $99. I think that's about what I paid for it a few years ago (at Macy's).

I bought it because it's big enough for a turkey. I really love it.  

I don't use it for pot roast, though. I use my enameled cast iron Staub 5 quart Dutch oven for that.

Anolon® Tri-Ply Clad Nonstick 17-Inch x 12.5-Inch Stainless Steel Rectangular Roaster w/Rack. View a larger version of this product image.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Carmie  .. you are absolutely correct about what happens to aluminum if put in a dishwasher!   I also will keep both my aluminum and SS roasters.  

Contributor

...And cleans easily. I used mine all the time. Plenty of space for vegetables. High dome lid for extra space.. very light vessel. 

Trusted Contributor

I have a small Nesco that I got free from my bank. I love it. Pot roast comes out so tender and tasty. 

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Carmie 

Thank you.  I'm not buying aluminum, that's almost the one I am getting rid of.  I've used it more than I should have.  Aluminum pits.  The metal has been found in brains and is a major player in Alzheimer's and Dementia.

@ECBG 

I wouldn't worry about your aluminum pan too much.  Here's what the Alzheimer's Association has to say:

Myth 4: Drinking out of aluminum cans or cooking in aluminum pots and pans can lead to Alzheimer’s disease.

Reality: During the 1960s and 1970s, aluminum emerged as a possible suspect in Alzheimer’s. This suspicion led to concern about exposure to aluminum through everyday sources such as pots and pans, beverage cans, antacids and antiperspirants. Since then, studies have failed to confirm any role for aluminum in causing Alzheimer’s. Experts today focus on other areas of research, and few believe that everyday sources of aluminum pose any threat.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags 

Thank you.  It's gone.  That metal has to go somewhere.  I'll still buy the disposable roasters for the turkey since Thanksgiving has such an abundance of dishes.Smiley Happy