Valued Contributor

Do you tip for this service?

Respected Contributor

@giddy up wrote:

_________

You are not allowed to tip at Wal-Mart grocery pickup!

Honored Contributor

@luvmyteddy4 I have done pickup without a phone.  The email had a number that you give them either at the kiosk or in person at the pickup station.

Respected Contributor

@giddy up wrote:

DH & I surreptitiously tip, although the WM website says employees are not allowed to accept tips.   We do this as the service is so valuable to us, all employees have been professional, helpful, prompt and friendly.  I have also let my views known in the company reviews after pickup.

If people don't want to tip, fine.  But those of us that do shouldn't have to hide it.

Denise
Honored Contributor

Can someone answer this please?

Since I don't have a smartphone mobile app, I will be using my flip phone for this pickup. Will they be emailing me a phone number to call to let them know I've arrived in the parking area when my order is read to pick up? TIA

Respected Contributor

Re: Walmart Grocery Pick-up

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

Can someone answer this please?

Since I don't have a smartphone mobile app, I will be using my flip phone for this pickup. Will they be emailing me a phone number to call to let them know I've arrived in the parking area when my order is read to pick up? TIA

_____

Yes, you can use your flip phone upon your arrival in the Wal-Mart parking lot. Just look for the area that has the orange metal post/sign in each designated parking place.  On this orange marker, there is a phone # listed (xxx-xxx-xxxx). You call this number and tell them which slot # you are parked in. They wheel your order and place it in your trunk for you.  

If you are leery of this check-in, you can always roll down your window and yell to one of the other workers.  They will not leave you stranded.  

The first time I did their car-side delivery, I was nervous!  It worked out very well in the end.  

Honored Contributor

Thank you for answering my question. @jpie 

Much appreciated.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

I received Instacart home deliveries from Costco and Met Market (local chain) yesterday.  I had to wait four days for the delivery because they were so busy.   I got everything I ordered.  

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Thank you for answering my question. @jpie 

Much appreciated.Woman Happy

____

You are welcome.  Good luck....you've got this!!

Respected Contributor

My poor sister (who regularly uses this service as she has difficulty walking)  has had the WORST luck this week.  2 orders were acknowledged for pick-up, and they weren't there.

Today she had another order acknowledged, her husband picked it up & brought home.

1st bag of frozen foods were fine;  all the rest belonged to someone else!  Could tell because of name written on substitution list.

Sister called, got apologies all over the place and was asked to bring it back.  Sister said it would be a little while, as they're 20 minutes away from the store.  About halfway there, store called saying other customer was there for pick-up.

Store again apologized and asked if they could comp them something for their trouble.  Sister said, "TP?"    Nope, all out.

Denise