Honored Contributor

Re: Temptations TSV this week

I continue to be amazed at the popularity of Temptations.  Definitely not for me but everyone has different likes and dislikes.  

mominohio gave a great review...pros and cons for Temptations.  

Honored Contributor

I just heard Tara say "my grandkids."  Did she inherit them through her husband Ed Tesher?

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl

yes I heard her mention them before.  She was saying how thrilled she was to have grandkids & added "they are Ed's".

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@mousiegirl

yes I heard her mention them before.  She was saying how thrilled she was to have grandkids & added "they are Ed's".

@homedecor1  Thank you. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I have only ever had two items from the Temp-tations line -- those oven gloves, and an open lattice bowl that I use for fruit that stays out on the table (so it can breathe).

I got rid of a lot of stuff when I had my kitchen renovated last year, so the TSV intrigued me.  I love the shape, and especially the deep dish lids. I can make a lot of use of all of those pieces. I only like the floral pattern, but I purchased the Harvest  before it sold out. 

I've hesitated purchasing Temp-tations because of the crackling and crazing issues I've seen posted.  But there are always sell-outs of this line, so here I go.  I did hear Tara say yesterday that if you take a dish out of the refrigerator and it needs to bake, put it directly in the oven and then turn the oven on.  She said having the dish and the oven pre-heat at the same time is best.  I will do that; fingers crossed.

Respected Contributor

I do have one of her pie dishes from a few years ago and I like the shape of this particular set, but wish she would come out with a couple couple of of them for the  toaster oven  in this shape.  I would buy those.

Trusted Contributor

@Othereeeen,

Thanks for the idea to use the Temptations with plants. I have a lidit that is crazed and now can't use for food. Hate to throw it away. Great idea!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

I have only ever had two items from the Temp-tations line -- those oven gloves, and an open lattice bowl that I use for fruit that stays out on the table (so it can breathe).

I got rid of a lot of stuff when I had my kitchen renovated last year, so the TSV intrigued me.  I love the shape, and especially the deep dish lids. I can make a lot of use of all of those pieces. I only like the floral pattern, but I purchased the Harvest  before it sold out. 

I've hesitated purchasing Temp-tations because of the crackling and crazing issues I've seen posted.  But there are always sell-outs of this line, so here I go.  I did hear Tara say yesterday that if you take a dish out of the refrigerator and it needs to bake, put it directly in the oven and then turn the oven on.  She said having the dish and the oven pre-heat at the same time is best.  I will do that; fingers crossed.

@Caaareful Shopper - In my experience, you don't need to put your stoneware dish in the oven while it is preheating--just make sure you take it out of the refrigerator at the same time you start preheating the oven (about 15-20 minutes). I just set the dish on the stovetop and when I hear the beep indicating that the oven is at temperature, I place the dish in the oven. (Basically, you want to remove as much of the "chill factor" as possible, but you don't want to start warming/baking the food until the oven is at the proper temperature.) I've never had a crack or a problem in doing this with Temp-tations or any of my other stoneware pieces. Good luck!

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper - In my experience, you don't need to put your stoneware dish in the oven while it is preheating--just make sure you take it out of the refrigerator at the same time you start preheating the oven (about 15-20 minutes). I just set the dish on the stovetop and when I hear the beep indicating that the oven is at temperature, I place the dish in the oven. (Basically, you want to remove as much of the "chill factor" as possible, but you don't want to start warming/baking the food until the oven is at the proper temperature.) I've never had a crack or a problem in doing this with Temp-tations or any of my other stoneware pieces. Good luck!

Great tip!  Thank you @loriqvc Smiley Sad

Hi-over the years I have purchased four sets of dinnerware.  Two sets went to college and are still going strong.  The boys have lost a cup or two but they love the ability to use them in the microwave and oven .