Super Contributor
On 1/8/2015 AnnaBella said:
On 1/8/2015 Crisso said:
On 1/7/2015 AnnaBella said: I have enjoyed the absence of both Lisa and David. It is time for David to move on like Lisa did.

Some people just can't handle hosts that are popular or successful. Where IS that green-eyed emoticon?!

Yes they were and are popular and successful... but... there is a time after 20 some years when it is just time to move on. Lisa saw this( smart lady!) These channels need new young blood... David is just getting tired and old and stale, as are his antics with the rolling eyes and the happy dance.... he needs to get back into shape...and move on.

Why would I be jealous of a TV shopping salesman? Am I missing something here? I am just stating the facts. In TV coverage, change is always necessary to keep things fresh and new. Both David and Lisa have and had been on QVC long enough... time to pass the wand.

By this logic, this would clear out most of the hosts: Jane T, Mary Beth, Rick D, Dan W, Pat J-D etc etc. Should they all go as well?

Respected Contributor

I like Rick but over the years he talks so fast it reminds me of a used car salesman. I enjoyed Carolyn much better earlier in the day.

Super Contributor
On 1/8/2015 Crisso said:
On 1/8/2015 AnnaBella said:
On 1/8/2015 Crisso said:
On 1/7/2015 AnnaBella said: I have enjoyed the absence of both Lisa and David. It is time for David to move on like Lisa did.

Some people just can't handle hosts that are popular or successful. Where IS that green-eyed emoticon?!

Yes they were and are popular and successful... but... there is a time after 20 some years when it is just time to move on. Lisa saw this( smart lady!) These channels need new young blood... David is just getting tired and old and stale, as are his antics with the rolling eyes and the happy dance.... he needs to get back into shape...and move on.

Why would I be jealous of a TV shopping salesman? Am I missing something here? I am just stating the facts. In TV coverage, change is always necessary to keep things fresh and new. Both David and Lisa have and had been on QVC long enough... time to pass the wand.

By this logic, this would clear out most of the hosts: Jane T, Mary Beth, Rick D, Dan W, Pat J-D etc etc. Should they all go as well?

It is in the cards I am sure after so many years...

Honored Contributor

Oh boy, you'll never hear me utter the desire to see more Rick...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor
On 1/8/2015 ValuSkr said:

I turn him off too. Reminds me of a used car salesman.

thumbs up .............can't post those emoticons anymore without them going to the front of each sentence instead the last.

Esteemed Contributor

The aspect of Rick that I appreciate is that he gets the joke and enjoys it. He knows that being a host is not rocket science or brain surgery and he's making the most out of what is probably a very lucrative gig. There are hosts (well, one in particular for me) who get on the high horse and act as if they are doing you a great favor by showing this very special item.

Esteemed Contributor
On 1/8/2015 Mtnbikegirl said:

I never saw the Rick vs David cooking shows. I would love to see them bring it back! Sounds like fun!

Me too, Mtnbikegirl. My Mum used to like them both together. She thought Rick was cute and David was a hoot! They'd sometimes have vendors on their respective teams. It was fun to watch. They were selling products, but everybody was also having fun watching. The "contests" made them come across as real people, not just salespeople. Hopefully, QVC will start incorporating some of the best things from the past into their programming. I think they need to do something; for example, IMO the FFANY isn't getting much appeal anymore.

Frequent Contributor

I sat down hoping David was back from vaca and would be on, lo and behold there was the sound of Ricky D's voice which makes the hair on my neck stand up. I too did the dive for the remote cannot for one second listen to all that sturrering and parrot talking. And as for the poster complaining of all the hate posting aren't we entitled to an opinion also?????????? thought we was using our Constituitional rights. Hurry home David so some of us can watch qvc on Wed. and Sunday amid all the clothes and jewelry. My 5 hours a week that we look forward to.

Honored Contributor

He's back Sun.

Respected Contributor
On 1/8/2015 BonnieBelle said:

I can't believe David is still on vacation. I don't watch his show and can't take Rick, he is too hyper and loud and acts like a phony used car salesman. The only time I can watch him is when he does a jewelry show, he's good with Judith Ripka and he was good with Joan Rivers.

Venable has been on vacation over two weeks. How much time does one need?