Contributor

I got my pre-cut sheets at Target, I believe it's Reynolds brand that makes them, but wouldn't swear to it. They are available in a small semi-flat box and are folded into quarters.

Honored Contributor

@Mj12  Oh you'll be eating wings a lot more now that we've all discovered what a great product parchment is. 

Enjoy them more than just 3x a year!  We love wings and eat them fairly often.  They really don't take much time either and I do like to make them in the oven.

After I rinse them, lay to dry on paper towels, put them in a large ziplock with about 1/3 to 1/4 cup olive or canola oil, sprinkle with any fav seasoning, a little salt & pepper. Sometimes I'll pour in a little soy sauce too, really good.  Zip it up, massage to coat, fridge them for a while. About an hour prior to cooking, I'll pull them back out, massage again and leave out to bring to room temp, lay out on parchment on cookie sheet, oven at about 410degrees, turn them 1/2 way thru, pop back in for about 7-10.

ENJOY your messy eating!!!!!  Lick lips & fingers often!!!!  Serve with a great salad.  YUM!

Esteemed Contributor

@nyc1 wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

LOVE parchment paper!  I also "discovered" it recently, about a year ago.  When I have Sunday brunches, and I want to cook an entire package of bacon, I line a cooking sheet with parchment paper and lay all the bacon flat.  Turn over half-way through, no sticking, and perfectly crisp bacon in no time.  Affter I remove the bacon onto paper towels, I let the gease get cold on the parchment paper.  That way, 95% of it gets easily removed in the parchment paper, making cleanup a breeze.

CS...   Ina Garten also suggest cooking bacon in the oven.  What temp do you use?   I'm going to try it this weekend.  Thanks.

Recipes are for different temps.  I find that it spatters over 400.   Just cook until the crispness you like 10-15 mins?

Cover the bacon with a sheet of parchment to prevent the spatters. 

I also cover oven french fries in the toaster oven  to prevent spatters.  They will brown.

Honored Contributor
I love parchment paper too! Use it for almost everything that goes in the oven, lol. Such a time saver on clean up. I just picked up the box of 22- 12" x 16" last week as I was out...can't have that!
"To each their own, in all things".
Occasional Visitor

I buy pre cut parchment paper from King Arther Flour...it's the best. I have bought cheaper paper from Amazon.com but you get what you pay for. When I store baked cookies in zip loc bag, I always told a sheet of parchment in half and place in the bag. Then put your cookies between the fold.....they will not get soft and messy.

Respected Contributor

i have noticed if i have bought parchment paper in like dollar tree or discount stores sometimes the quality isnt as good and it doesnt work as good. just an fyi for everyone and good morning to all.

Honored Contributor

@nyc1 wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

LOVE parchment paper!  I also "discovered" it recently, about a year ago.  When I have Sunday brunches, and I want to cook an entire package of bacon, I line a cooking sheet with parchment paper and lay all the bacon flat.  Turn over half-way through, no sticking, and perfectly crisp bacon in no time.  Affter I remove the bacon onto paper towels, I let the gease get cold on the parchment paper.  That way, 95% of it gets easily removed in the parchment paper, making cleanup a breeze.

CS...   Ina Garten also suggest cooking bacon in the oven.  What temp do you use?   I'm going to try it this weekend.  Thanks.

@nyc1 I have an old gas oven.  I put it on 350, but I suspect on other ovens that may be closer to a temperature of 365.  Enjoy!

Respected Contributor

If you live in Europe, you NEVER grease a cake pan. You cut parchment to fit. It's sold in every grocery store. I still have some I brought back with me fifteen years ago.

Respected Contributor

i use a rack on a cookie sheet sprayed with pan spray.i lay bacon out on rack and cook for like 20 minutes on 425. bacon comes out perfect even better than on parchment paper.give it a try u will love it.