Respected Contributor

@laceymom wrote:

I too am a fairly recent lover of parchment paper. I take a day off every year to make Christmas cookies and when I discovered parchment paper a few years ago it was like an early Christmas gift.  One note, in addition to the roll, you can get it in pre-cut sheets that will fit your cookie sheets perfectly. They are folded, not wound around a roll, so you don't need to uncurl them or cut the pieces to match your cookie sheets. Great time saver! 

That's what I bought! 

Honored Contributor

Parchement is wonderful for lining cake pans. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Esteemed Contributor

I love parchment paper--but not the hassle of trying to make it lay flat!  I found parchment pre-cut in flat sheets at King Arthur's website.....pricey....but so much easier to work with.....i wait until they have a sale.....would never go back to fighting with the roll!  Check it out.......

Honored Contributor

Re: Parchment Paper Rocks!

[ Edited ]

I've been using it, too, for a few years now.  What a product!

I just bought some pre-cut sheets but haven't used them yet.  Until my roll is gone, I've been putting it on the baking sheet so instead of curling up, it curls down.  It doesn't fight you so much that way.  And I just fold the edges if it's a bit too long when I tear it off the roll. 

Besides all its other good qualities that everyone has already mentioned, I love that most of the time, I don't even have to clean off the actual baking sheet.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

LOVE parchment paper.  I also like to swipe some butter along the 4 corners under the paper; helps the parchment paper stay put.

Respected Contributor

Re: Parchment Paper Rocks!

[ Edited ]

Who knew?  My threads usually bomb.  I can't believe I got this much response from a parchment paper subject.  LOL

Thank you so much for all the great tips and comments!  I'm glad I started this thread.

Honored Contributor

@mima wrote:

Who knew?  My threads usually bomb.  I can't belive I got this much response from a parchment paper subject.  LOL

Thank you so much for all the great tips and comments!  I'm glad I started this thread.

LOL @mima!  I'm glad you started this thread too! 

Esteemed Contributor

Don't know if it's been mentioned but instead of greasing and flouring cake pans it's great to trace parchment paper for the bottom of the pans.  You just peel the paper away from the bottom and you get a smoother finish. Yes, parchment paper is a staple in my kitchen.

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@mima  WOW - don't I agree with you!  What a wonder.  We have parchment in our kitchen drawer and DH uses it occasionly but I've never used it.  I always grabbed the alum foil to line my cookie sheet every time I'd do a big batch of wings in the oven.

Well  not anymore!!!!  I read recently in one of our cooking/recipe mags that we get as a tip to use parchment because nothing sticks to it.  Okay, so I tried it one night with the wings.  I was doing the happy dance in my kitchen when I pulled out the pan to turn the wings over - NOT ONE STUCK to the parchment!!!!!!  Imagine my surprise.

I'll never cook/bake on foil again.  You do not need to use a spray oil for non-stick, and it's biodegradable. 

PARCHMENT ALL THE WAY!!!

We make wings in the oven maybe 3x a year - and hate the sticky mess.  CAN'T BELIEVE I never thought to use parchment paper!  Great tip @PINKdogWOOD .

Honored Contributor

I use it for chocolate dipped pretzels and candies as well as chocolate bark.