Trusted Contributor

Why are all the pressure cookers being offered round?  Chickens, roasts, etc. are all more oval in shape than round.  I have a Technique Hard Anodized 8 qt. pressure cooker that I've had for about 12+ years.  It is still working but of course I can't replace the gasket when it goes.  They did have a 5 qt. CE about 5 or 6 years ago but since then everything has been round.  I wish QVC would offer a 6 or 8 qt. oval one. Anyone else think this is a good idea?

Honored Contributor

You and me both. I'm waiting for the small ovals as well. I sent email to David he didn't understand what I said and just replied "yes, we have the 4qt small models" As usual, he didn't read that I had written "oval". Nobody pays any attention to detail any more. I gave up.

Don't like the rounds. Good price on it, but, I skipped. I still have one oval when that goes out guess I'll do without unless another Co. jumps on the band wagon. Oval , is the best size to make old time chicken and dumplings in. I got one 4qt and a big 8qt. I drag out for ribs.

Esteemed Contributor

I too have the CE oval pressure cooker and everytime I start it up I am fear that this is the time it will be DOA.

I do not like tall, narrow, round pressure cookers or pots for that matter. 

I also would like a smaller (3 qt) oval pressure cooker.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

Re: OVAL PRESSURE COOKER

[ Edited ]

I have the CE 8 qt oval pressure cooker. They sure don't make them heavy duty like that any more. Mine stopped working twice. DH took it apart the 1st time & it needed a new fuse that cost less then $2. 2nd time it quit working he took it apart & 1 of the circuit boards had a burnt place on it. I found 1 on EBay that was being sold for parts. It was less then $20. DH took it apart & replaced the circuit board. It's still working. Now when I use the brown function I have to unplug it to stop it & plug back in to set it to start it but that's ok. I also bought the talking oval one Q sold that a lot of people had problems with. I did not have problems with mine. I also have the Cuisinart CPC600  that I bought when my 8 qt oval quit working & before I bought the other one from Q. It was fall & I use my pressure cooker a lot when it's cold making soups & stews. My Cuisinart quit working a few months after I bought it & Cuisinart replaced it.

Honored Contributor

go to there on the left to 'Today's Special Value' I asked the question to Blue Jean Chef and she said they never did make them in first place.

Guess we all dreamed it up or they had them way before her time.

Valued Contributor

I would buy a 8 qt OVAL pressure cooker in a heart beat!  I remember when QVC sold them yrs ago, I wish I had bought one back then.

may good luck be your friend in whatever you do
and may trouble be always a stranger to you
Honored Contributor

yes, I have the 8 qt one and I buy the reburshised ones online the smaller ones they say Cook's Essentials on both of them. Think she is just confused

Honored Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE, @WORKING GAL, @Chicagoan, @Nightowlz

Anyone interested in an oval pressure cooker--I just did a search on Amazon for "oval pressure cooker" and they have a 8.5 qt. oval and a 4 qt. oval (which I ordered) available.

The 4 qt is made by Deni (who manufactured for CE) and the 8.5 qt. is listed as Big Boss but looking at it there is no difference between it and the CE I currently own in the 6 qt. size.

The listing for the 4 qt said 5 left but that was before I placed my order.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

yeah, that's where I've been buying mine. I've had good luck with "refurbished".

Not a secret any more I guess. hahahahah