Respected Contributor

Re: OK Everyone - What's Cooking for this November 2018?

cranberry cake    3 eggs.  3/4 cup butter softened and cubed.  2 teaspoons vanilla.  2 cups flour.  2.5 cups cranberrys.      topping.  1/4 cup butter.  1/4 brown sugar.  1 cup unroasted walnuts of pacans.  oven temp 350.  10 inch spring form pan. beat eggs and sugar until very smooth and increased in volume . beat 4 to 7 minutes with a wire whip attachment. mixture will double in volume and turn pale yellow.  beat in butter and vanilla. beat for 2 minutes until butter is all mixed in.   use a spatula to fold in flour and cranberrys. batter will be quite thike. carefully spread in pan.       topping.  heat butter over medium heat in pan.  add sugar and stir then add nuts. cook for 2 minutes. stiring until well mixed and shinny and smooth.spread over cake and bake  for 60 to 80 minutes for spring form   i use like a 12 to 14 inch pizza pan but i increase topping ingredients   1/2 cup butter.  1/2 cup brown sugar.  1and 1/2 cup nuts.   it baes a little less i a bigger pan  and butter pan very well .

Respected Contributor

good evening everyone. love the fact that we have new people joining us on the kitchen thread.today its nice out in the 50s.  . anna stopped decorating after she lost her son 16 years ago. and she starting docorating a little for young grand children but this year after losing her husband she doent want to decorate any more. maria said if i dont want her to decorate for christmas after just losing my mom she would understand. i said oh no .i still what up here decorated.today anna made fettachini with shrimp in sauce and string beans,stuffed mushrooms.sausage and peppers and yestauday anna made pasta meatballs chcken cutlets, chicken salad, mushrooms string beans and fresh bread from bakery and other stuff. mousiegirl as of now thanksgiving will be turkey ,stuffing. mashed potatoes, sweet potato casarole,cranberry sauce, garlic knots, and im assuming artichokes made a couple different ways.im making a pumkin cheese cake anna s making chocolate creme pie and whatever else. maria is making some of the food i mentioned. maria wrapped a bunch of gifts today. i only wrap marias gifts because i hate wrapping gifts and shes neater at it.  and my mri results were good. no change since my mri 2 year ago. hope everyone has a good week.

Honored Contributor

@Pooky1 wrote:

good evening everyone. love the fact that we have new people joining us on the kitchen thread.today its nice out in the 50s.  . anna stopped decorating after she lost her son 16 years ago. and she starting docorating a little for young grand children but this year after losing her husband she doent want to decorate any more. maria said if i dont want her to decorate for christmas after just losing my mom she would understand. i said oh no .i still what up here decorated.today anna made fettachini with shrimp in sauce and string beans,stuffed mushrooms.sausage and peppers and yestauday anna made pasta meatballs chcken cutlets, chicken salad, mushrooms string beans and fresh bread from bakery and other stuff. mousiegirl as of now thanksgiving will be turkey ,stuffing. mashed potatoes, sweet potato casarole,cranberry sauce, garlic knots, and im assuming artichokes made a couple different ways.im making a pumkin cheese cake anna s making chocolate creme pie and whatever else. maria is making some of the food i mentioned. maria wrapped a bunch of gifts today. i only wrap marias gifts because i hate wrapping gifts and shes neater at it.  and my mri results were good. no change since my mri 2 year ago. hope everyone has a good week.

@Pooky1  Great news re MRI! Smiley Happy  Your Thanksgiving dinner sounds yummy.

I am not a good present wrapper, my Mother was excellent, measured and cut, ends were even, no seams, ironed bows/ribbons she had saved from previous years. I am pathetic compared to her, lol, so now, I basically use gift bags, though do wrap the larger items.  I have tons of wonderful wrapping from decades ago bought on sale, so like to use some every year.

Respected Contributor

I like to wrap the gifts then stick them in the bags. I am getting to the point after wrapping a few gifts I get fed up & just walk away for awhile. Some I will do ribbon & bows some not. I even do that with birthday gifts, I want them to take the paper off the gift but that is me. I think soon I will just stick it in the bag with the tissue. As I get older I lose my patience with the wrapping part. 

Respected Contributor

@Pooky1 my husband is Italian and I remember Thanksgiving was a 4hour dinner, escrole soup, pasta, meatballs sausage then the turkey with all the sides plus dessert. Wow but my MIL & her 3 sisters all cooked they are all gone now and I don't think many of them do that. They are live in the east coast so we aren't there. I use to do it for my husband but not anymore.I love escrole soup but will wait a few weeks to make it. We are only going to be 4 of us for Thanksgiving. Your dinner sounds so good. Sounds like Maria is doing better, so happy for her, what a time she had. 

Respected Contributor

@Pooky1  so glad your mri results were good.Your Thanksgiving meal sounds delish. Thank you for posting that recipe.

Respected Contributor

@Pooky1 do you do the seven fishes? I live in Az. just to get fish is a challenge we don't do it. 

Respected Contributor

christmas eve anna does alot of seafood dishes. theres usually a fish sauce with pasta. lobster depending on how expensive it is. fried fish, bacala witch is salted cod,snail salad, fish salad, baked stuffed shrimp,plus tons of other side dishes.

Honored Contributor

Burritos here tonight.

Respected Contributor

for lunch she made a meat and chicpea mexican flavor over french frys with shredded cheddar cheese baked to melt cheese. tonight pepperoni pizza. both very good.bought 4  gifts today and a aaa membership. my brother lives an hour away so i said to maria. i feel better driving all the way with a good aaa plan. and we broght christmas flower arrangments to cematary. hope everyone has a great week.