Respected Contributor

Re: OK Everyone - What's Cooking for this November 2018?

Only some soup tonight because of some dental work today.Broke a tooth [crown] biting down on a bone.Going to dentist is not something I had planned on,but now I have my two front teeth.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Pooky1 you and Maria always eat so super well. Wish I had the energy to cook like that again - Sign, time got away from me I guess. 

May rain today, we are in dire need of it but with Thanksgiving around the corner and the horrible damage the many fires have done, that will definitely create some tragic mudslides - here we go again! Always something out here any more.

Have been freezing since I have been out of bed - should have stayed there as I can see my bedroom TV from there. But no, Brrrrr, had to check out the zillion emails I get every morning. So many of them you cannot stop - they do not have the unsubscribe option on them any more. I block some but they have gotten ridiculous!

Hope all have a great day, nope, will eat for sure but it will be an easy meal - perhaps a sandwich?

Respected Contributor

@Winifred Love you know you miss the little ones. It will be hard but got to understand.know different thanksgiving for you. just enjoy what you have.It's hard but let's see how this all works out. God give you the strength you need.

Honored Contributor

I made McDonalds cheeseburgers tonight, havn't done it for a long time, and DH has never tasted mine, but he didl tonight.

Tomorrow, I will make the cranberry sauce, and continue decorating in the living room, still not done, but after Thanksgiving, I will begin on the kitchen, packing Fall items, and bringing the Christmas tree upstairs.

Respected Contributor

Sissel, I DO miss the little ones - so very much. And they are in hog heaven with their grandparents in Denver - they appear to be super serene and content. What an amazing time they are having. I have really had to concentrate on the fact that what is best for them is the must, not that I am missing them. Am so pleased, however, for those grandparents to comment they obviously have been raised "right" and are content children. Wow. that makes me feel good but still miss them.

Davey's Dad is suppose to be here later on to start preparing the meal for tomorrow. Am a bit irritated with him nevertheless as I cannot contact him via phone - he did not pay his bill. He needs that phone, says he is saving $ for Christmas gifts. Give me a break. I think I need to tell him there were several Christmases in my past when I was struggling beyond belief so my daughter only received one gift from me. She was never unhappy as children just like gifts, not a big thing who gives them to them and his kids have a lot of other family and friends - they will do just fine. He needs to grow up a bit.

Kind of cold this morning - got my projected gas bill - only thing gas here is the heater - well of course. Shows a use so far of $60, last year same time $20 - I think they must have snuck an increase in there and it got past me. Kind of strange as it is not colder this year than last year - not at all. I have noticed however, I have turned the heat on at nighttime which I never use to do. Getting old and puny sure impacts you more than you would think it would.

Had a great fried egg sandwich yesterday with fried zucchini for lunch - it sure was good. I need to get some more oatmeal today as I am about out of it - I eat that almost every morning in cooler weather. Fed Ditty already and he is comfy. Miss Blackie did some whining when I gave her breakfast and had to be content with what I gave her. She is like the rest of us old coots I guess, kind of picky in her very old age. LOL.

Dinner, perhaps some pasta - easy to fix. Have a great day one and all.

Honored Contributor

@Winifred wrote:

Sissel, I DO miss the little ones - so very much. And they are in hog heaven with their grandparents in Denver - they appear to be super serene and content. What an amazing time they are having. I have really had to concentrate on the fact that what is best for them is the must, not that I am missing them. Am so pleased, however, for those grandparents to comment they obviously have been raised "right" and are content children. Wow. that makes me feel good but still miss them.

Davey's Dad is suppose to be here later on to start preparing the meal for tomorrow. Am a bit irritated with him nevertheless as I cannot contact him via phone - he did not pay his bill. He needs that phone, says he is saving $ for Christmas gifts. Give me a break. I think I need to tell him there were several Christmases in my past when I was struggling beyond belief so my daughter only received one gift from me. She was never unhappy as children just like gifts, not a big thing who gives them to them and his kids have a lot of other family and friends - they will do just fine. He needs to grow up a bit.

Kind of cold this morning - got my projected gas bill - only thing gas here is the heater - well of course. Shows a use so far of $60, last year same time $20 - I think they must have snuck an increase in there and it got past me. Kind of strange as it is not colder this year than last year - not at all. I have noticed however, I have turned the heat on at nighttime which I never use to do. Getting old and puny sure impacts you more than you would think it would.

Had a great fried egg sandwich yesterday with fried zucchini for lunch - it sure was good. I need to get some more oatmeal today as I am about out of it - I eat that almost every morning in cooler weather. Fed Ditty already and he is comfy. Miss Blackie did some whining when I gave her breakfast and had to be content with what I gave her. She is like the rest of us old coots I guess, kind of picky in her very old age. LOL.

Dinner, perhaps some pasta - easy to fix. Have a great day one and all.

@Winifred  Glad to hear the children are doing well, but bet they miss you as you do them.  Does Davey miss them?  Is it snowing where they are now?  I hope so, how much fun they will have.

Honored Contributor

HappyThanksgiving to all here. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Image result for thanksgiving quotes and pictures Snoopy

Honored Contributor

Image result for thanksgiving quotes and pictures Snoopy

Honored Contributor

We just finished our Thanksgiving meal, and my girls have hit the road.