Respected Contributor

OK Everyone - What's Cooking for this November 2018?

Already hungry so am waiting to hear what is going on in your kitchen > Course it's OK to eat out or whatever, just always enjoy what people fix for themselves and others. Yes indeed. For sure will bet Maria is already busy.

Pretty chilly here and last night we did not freeze which has always been our normal for Hallowe'en Night. That was good.

No formal dining last night but tonight that must change. Spaghetti is always easy to fix so I think that is a must - and it just sounds good. Everyone loves spaghetti and like I said, it is real easy to fix.

Stop on by people.

Frequent Contributor

Re: OK Everyone - What's Cooking for this November 2018?

Getting ready to fix homemade stew in my slow cooker.  Will use left over roast and juices, potatoes, carrots, and may throw in some celery.  Of course, tomatoes and salt/pepper along with a little garlic.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just made pot roast in the dutch oven yesterday. House smelled yummy. Having leftovers tonight.

@tobe

We do that with leftover pot roast. Just add some more broth & eat a bowl of stew.

Honored Contributor

Chili and grilled cheese for our supper tonight.   We are expecting rain and a drop in temperature as the afternoon progresses.   We’ve already had a hard freeze, so the rain will bring leaves off the trees quickly.   Leaf color is way off in my area of West Virginia; everything looks dull, not the bold, beautiful colors we look for this time of year.   

Respected Contributor

good afternoon everyone and winifred your comment about maria was funny. yestauday for holloween maria and new years eve she allways makes picky stuff so yestauday she made mini beef hotdogs wrapped in bacon s prinkled with light brown sugar and baked like 45 minutes and bacon starts to get crispy and it makes its own glaze. she allso made ham and cheese calzones and spinich and artichoke dip in the crock pot with chips on the side and rice cripy treats. everything was very good. alot of dirty dishes but i dont mind because i enjoy loading and unloading the dishwasher if that makes sense to any of you.  winifred you said about spagetti. sunday anna made spagetti sauce meatballs and then monday she added eggs and mozzarella and fried it into a fratadda. it was good. today we finished leftover beef stew and tonight we had some of picky leftover stuff. today its warm and in the 60s. really nice but next couple days still waem but rainy. hope everyone has a a good rest of the week.

Honored Contributor

Pouring rain here in West Virginia and hubs said he’d like breakfast for supper, with fried Spam.   So I pulled out the flour and mixed up a small batch of pancakes for the two of us.   I am not a big fan of pancakes, but the one on my plate is filling my empty spot very well!   

An unexpected trip back to the VA this morning regarding his new foot ulcer, kept me from my morning coffee, so I’m enjoying it now with my pancake and Spam!    All good!   

Honored Contributor

Quick fry pork chops, biscuits, gravy and applesauce for our meal today.   

Respected Contributor

Had buttered noodles and honey glazed chicken breasts and sliced oranges. Easy to fix and yummy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Beautiful weather lately, usually it has rained by now, more gardening time, but I have to deal with the house, and save gardening for Sundays, don't know if I can do that, lol.

Nothing exciting in my kitchen lately, steak, roasted new potatoes, and salad last night, tacos and leftover pastas during last week.

There will be steak sandwiches and steak tacos this week with leftover steak, and will have to come up with something for the other nights, and there are always potstickers, lol.

It took me this long to find this thread, wasn't looking for it to begin with "ok."   I finally began one this morning, then a poster told me this thread was here, so deleted my post, couldn't delete the rest, and came here.

Esteemed Contributor

Yesterday I made my first pot of beef stew and tonight it's meatloaf. Once I go to the market then I'm pulling the pressure cooker back out for another try at something. (I'm still a work in progress with that item)