Honored Contributor

Re: Have You Ever Had See's Candy?

tonight i had a peanut butter pattie

peanut-butter-pattie-074-side.jpg

and a p-nut crunch

p-nut-crunch-018-side.jpg

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

tonight i had a peanut butter pattie

peanut-butter-pattie-074-side.jpg

and a p-nut crunch

p-nut-crunch-018-side.jpg

@sunshine45, the peanut crunch is one of my favorites, along with the dark chocolate almonds, the California brittle, and the toffee-ettes.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

The bordeaux are heaven. Adore the pineapple truffles.

We buy boxes of swamp goo and marshmints on line at christmas and keep in the freezer for treats.

they have a great on line site.

Contributor

I order this candy every year through their web site, its the very best!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ILLINOIS GIRL wrote:

I order this candy every year through their web site, its the very best!

We buy a box of See's Candy each year at Christmas.   We always go into their store and   if we wait until it's very close to the holiday, the line is always so long.    I agree with you, their candy is the best.   

Respected Contributor

I grew up with See's candy. Getting a box of See's was always a special treat. See's candy had stores in the local malls and I have fond memories of the black and white stores and the chocolates and caramels inside.

Occasional Contributor

Yes, it's a pretty good chocolate. They're always fresh and taste good. I do get them frequently. I've only ordered the chocolate though, not the other different types of confections available.  I usually always have some See's in the house.

Regular Contributor

See’s is ok but doesn’t beat Laura Secord from Canada.

Contributor

It is outstanding. It is a California candy. Daughter-in-law introduced me to it and for years now sends a 2# box. I am an addict for Nuts & Chewies. Not crazy for anyone's candy in Creams. Nuts & Chewies are fantastically good and See's chocolate covering is the best.

Valued Contributor

Yes, I've had See's Candy and Fannie Mae's and liked both. I suspect the price difference of various candies has a lot to do with the quality of chocolate used. 

The chocolate that I've found to be of very poor quality is Russell Stover. The quality of chocolate is poor. It's sold in supermarkets - that ought to tell you something. Comparatively speaking, it's pretty inexpensive.