Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Curtis Stone Chop Chop?

Does anyone own this? It's a TS today and sold out in it's debut in July. Reviews aren't available but I can see that the overall rating was only 2.9. Thoughts???

Super Contributor

Re: Curtis Stone Chop Chop?

I suggest checking Amazon and see if they have it to check reviews. I do that all the time. His Chop Chop is selling quickly. Where did you find the overall rating?

Super Contributor

The only thought I had when I saw this today was ""The Veg-o-matic lives""!

Contributor

My Mom bought that veg-o-matic for my hopeless chest back in the sixties. It was a Ron Popeil item. It cost my Mom $10. Still use it.

Valued Contributor

Dozed off......and the ""chop-chop"" noise on the TV woke me up.......chunk of expensive plastic........no thanks.

Frequent Contributor

On 3/9/2014 AngelLove2 said:

I suggest checking Amazon and see if they have it to check reviews. I do that all the time. His Chop Chop is selling quickly. Where did you find the overall rating?

I found the rating when I Googled the Curtis Stone Chop Chop! You couldn't read any of the actual reviews but you could see the overall rating.

Valued Contributor

I saw this presented earlier. My problem is that it just looks to big and bulky. I do not want another monstrosity sitting out on my countertops.

Super Contributor

I ordered it.

I've had the genius chopper (the bowl version) for a few years and have used it a great deal. The disadvantage for me of the genius chopper I have is that the presser part is hinged and comes down at an angle. I have arthritis in my hands and using that hinged style that comes down at an angle has become a problem. What I liked about this chop chop is the straight up and down chopping action. I can lay my hands on it in a fashion that won't hurt as much and I believe I'll get cleaner cuts. Guess I'll find out soon enough!

ETA - icezeus - I won't be leaving mine out on the counter, but I do like that this piece has a smaller footprint than the genius chopper I have and the piece locks down in the depressed position for more compact size to store.

Super Contributor

I have ""trigger finger"" problems in my right hand -- even have had therapy for this.

I can easily strain the area between my thumb and next finger by the hand/thumb mound by the palm of my hand.

The force to chop-chop: It seems it would be too much stress on this area. What do you think?

-Solar

Frequent Contributor

On 3/9/2014 Buck-i-Nana said:

I ordered it.

I've had the genius chopper (the bowl version) for a few years and have used it a great deal. The disadvantage for me of the genius chopper I have is that the presser part is hinged and comes down at an angle. I have arthritis in my hands and using that hinged style that comes down at an angle has become a problem. What I liked about this chop chop is the straight up and down chopping action. I can lay my hands on it in a fashion that won't hurt as much and I believe I'll get cleaner cuts. Guess I'll find out soon enough!

ETA - icezeus - I won't be leaving mine out on the counter, but I do like that this piece has a smaller footprint than the genius chopper I have and the piece locks down in the depressed position for more compact size to store.

Good to hear that you like the genius chopper! It definitely looks similar but I like the design of this one much better, too. I'm giving it a try too!

Let's Stay in Touch

* *You're signing up to receive QVC promotional email.
Connect with Us

The scoop on everything Q, from helpful tips to interesting tidbits, questions, answers, and more.

QVC is not responsible for the availability, content, security, policies, or practices of the above referenced third-party linked sites, nor liable for statements, claims, opinions, or representations contained therein. QVC's Privacy Statement does not apply to these third-party web sites.

© 1995–2015 QVC, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademark Notice

Desktop View Mobile View