Respected Contributor
On 3/9/2014 Solar said:

I have "trigger finger" problems in my right hand -- even have had therapy for this.

I can easily strain the area between my thumb and next finger by the hand/thumb mound by the palm of my hand.

The force to chop-chop: It seems it would be too much stress on this area. What do you think?

-Solar

I don't have this item yet, obviously, but from watching the demos, I believe you could actually make loose fists and press down with the pinkie side of your hand. The straight up/down action along with the shape of the pusher is what made me decide to try it.

Valued Contributor

I ordered it as well. Will it last forever? Likely not, but it's $40, not $300. I've been considering a new food processor that's $600 (Kitchen Aid Pro Line), primarily because it has a dicing blade - the only food processor to my knowledge that has one. If the Chop Chop works reasonably well for maybe a year, I won't be unhappy. For the cost of the Kitchen Aid Pro Line, I can purchase about 15 Chop Chops. No of course the Chop Chop doesn't do the same things the food processor will but it does some things the food processor doesn't do at all. Since I also have a Vitamix, it and the Chop Chop should help with many food prep tasks.

Of that type of kitchen tool (there are a number on the market), the Chop Chop appears to be one of the better ones. Those of us who are purchasing the Chop Chop, can post reviews later.

icezeus - as for the Chop Chop being "too big and bulky" and not wanting another "monstrosity" sitting on your countertops, it's 8 1/2"L x 6"W x 7"H. That doesn't seem big and bulky to me nor a "monstrosity" -- and I have very little counter space as I live in an apartment with the usual apartment-sized kitchen.

Honored Contributor
As much as we want something to last forever, we're usually ready to replacement things after a year or two for an updated model. As much as I love my Vitamix, for instance, that I've had only about 3 years, I've felt like replacing it lately now that there is an updated one with a wider base (like the Blendec brand) that looks easier to get stuff out of. Soooo, as cheap as the Chop Chop looks, I bought it anyway for however long it lasts.
“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor
On 3/9/2014 Desertdi said:

Dozed off......and the "chop-chop" noise on the TV woke me up.......chunk of expensive plastic........no thanks.

Yes, it did bring back memories of the Veg-O-Matic.

I would definitely keep the box.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Regular Contributor

I got a similar one by kitchen master on Hsn for $25 and it works great.

Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the responses! I'm looking forward to trying this!

Super Contributor

I'd need a step stool in order to use it. That man is a foot and a half taller than me, which gives him some important leverage. I think it would be terrible for me. I'm odd, in that I like prepping with a knife.

Honored Contributor
OT: He's cute and so professional on air.
Super Contributor
On 3/9/2014 missyw1 said: OT: He's cute and so professional on air.

Well, yes. If he came with the product for $39.95 I would consider buying one.

Super Contributor
On 3/9/2014 house cat said:
On 3/9/2014 missyw1 said: OT: He's cute and so professional on air.

Well, yes. If he came with the product for $39.95 I would consider buying one.

I love it! I'd take one too under those circumstances.