Esteemed Contributor

Food vendors that make me wonder ?

it really bothers me and I feel duped when qvc has a vendor on with one product then comes on with a whole different product.  It makes me feel duped.  There was a vendor just on Diane Welch selling Ozserig (sp) ? Bars .  Last christmas I purchased Italian pastries from this vendor ,  she said she was representing her families bakery in NJ called Palermos .    Now there is NO bakery and she is a vendor for a whole different company ?  I find this kind of deceitful.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Food vendors that make me wonder ?

[ Edited ]

QVC has several vendor reps who sell for different companies.  Look at Mark Charles Misilli and Meghan the razor lady.  They're just trying to make a living and are very good which is why they're hired by several companies. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I think that most of them are just hired shills. They represent who they are paid to demonstrate.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Curiosity got the better of me.  I googled the bakery.  There is a Palmero  Bakery in Elizabeth, NJ.  They've been in business since 1952.  Maybe it's coincidental.  

Esteemed Contributor

What is worse is that the food looks so much better than what is sent to your home.

The taste of many of the items is awful - Cheryl's cookies come to mind.

There is no way that is real quality butter, flour and sugar the things verge on inedible.

Esteemed Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I think that most of them are just hired shills. They represent who they are paid to demonstrate.

Absolutely the vendor for the Mrs. Prindables use to be a QVC host and was let go as a host like the Squirrel Vendor.  When she says this is how "we" make our carmel it lets you know why they no longer taste the way they use to.

Honored Contributor

@hopi wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Absolutely the vendor for the Mrs. Prindables use to be a QVC host and was let go as a host like the Squirrel Vendor.  When she says this is how "we" make our carmel it lets you know why they no longer taste the way they use to.

I like how Laurie wears an apron and stirs the caramel (in a copper pot, no less) like she's the one in the kitchen making all those caramel apples.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Can't understand how it is deceitful!!!  People change jobs all the time.  I don't understand how so many that post here are so paranoid that they read deceit or negativity into some of the most innocent and normal things and are bothered by so many things  It must be awful to go through life this way without enjoying life due to this!!!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I remember a cake presented for about $60 and was 'homemade" from scratch and a big 2 doo...it looked delish - and then the description said it was a box cake mix, lol............and the frosting too....was really humourous.....  If I recall, it was Pilsbury cake mix+frosting. I got a kick out of that one.

I like a place in Georgia I think it's called Savannah's and another place MacKeenzy's (sp?).... I use my own bakery in town for most.

eta:: Your posts/replies made me chuckle...I got a visual Woman Very Happy

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I sell commercial trucks for a living..For 15 years it was nothing but Chevrolet, then a few years ago we began selling Dodge Ram as well..(our competition all those years!) I have found that both have their strong points and their weaker ones..One may be better foer a business owner than the other..I am able to sell both equally well, to the benefit of all.. without "selling out"...

But don't even BEGIN to try and tell me that Kraft Mayo is as good as Best Foods/Hellmans!!! LOL!