Frequent Contributor

Does anyone own this? It's a TS today and sold out in it's debut in July. Reviews aren't available but I can see that the overall rating was only 2.9. Thoughts???

Valued Contributor

I suggest checking Amazon and see if they have it to check reviews. I do that all the time. His Chop Chop is selling quickly. Where did you find the overall rating?

Valued Contributor

The only thought I had when I saw this today was ""The Veg-o-matic lives""!

Contributor

My Mom bought that veg-o-matic for my hopeless chest back in the sixties. It was a Ron Popeil item. It cost my Mom $10. Still use it.

Honored Contributor

Dozed off......and the ""chop-chop"" noise on the TV woke me up.......chunk of expensive plastic........no thanks.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Frequent Contributor
On 3/9/2014 AngelLove2 said:

I suggest checking Amazon and see if they have it to check reviews. I do that all the time. His Chop Chop is selling quickly. Where did you find the overall rating?

I found the rating when I Googled the Curtis Stone Chop Chop! You couldn't read any of the actual reviews but you could see the overall rating.

Esteemed Contributor

I saw this presented earlier. My problem is that it just looks to big and bulky. I do not want another monstrosity sitting out on my countertops.

Respected Contributor

I ordered it.

I've had the genius chopper (the bowl version) for a few years and have used it a great deal. The disadvantage for me of the genius chopper I have is that the presser part is hinged and comes down at an angle. I have arthritis in my hands and using that hinged style that comes down at an angle has become a problem. What I liked about this chop chop is the straight up and down chopping action. I can lay my hands on it in a fashion that won't hurt as much and I believe I'll get cleaner cuts. Guess I'll find out soon enough!

ETA - icezeus - I won't be leaving mine out on the counter, but I do like that this piece has a smaller footprint than the genius chopper I have and the piece locks down in the depressed position for more compact size to store.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I have ""trigger finger"" problems in my right hand -- even have had therapy for this.

I can easily strain the area between my thumb and next finger by the hand/thumb mound by the palm of my hand.

The force to chop-chop: It seems it would be too much stress on this area. What do you think?

-Solar

Frequent Contributor
On 3/9/2014 Buck-i-Nana said:

I ordered it.

I've had the genius chopper (the bowl version) for a few years and have used it a great deal. The disadvantage for me of the genius chopper I have is that the presser part is hinged and comes down at an angle. I have arthritis in my hands and using that hinged style that comes down at an angle has become a problem. What I liked about this chop chop is the straight up and down chopping action. I can lay my hands on it in a fashion that won't hurt as much and I believe I'll get cleaner cuts. Guess I'll find out soon enough!

ETA - icezeus - I won't be leaving mine out on the counter, but I do like that this piece has a smaller footprint than the genius chopper I have and the piece locks down in the depressed position for more compact size to store.

Good to hear that you like the genius chopper! It definitely looks similar but I like the design of this one much better, too. I'm giving it a try too!