Super Contributor

Re: Copper Chef Induction Burner?

And I'd only purchase an induction burner that is temperature adjustable in 5-degree increments, not 10-degree increments as the Copper Chef Induction burner is. I have a Nuwave PIC that is adjustable in 5-degree increments and I love it. In fact where I live now (in a retirement community), I have no stove so use the Nuwave PIC for all cooking that needs a burner. Before that, I was in an apartment that had a stove, but once I had the Nuwave PIC, I no longer used the stove. Do be careful though, as not all Nuwave PICs are adjustable in 5-degree increments, some only adjust in 10-degree increments. Ming Tsai also has a PIC adjustable in 5-degree increments.

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@novamc1 wrote:

A celebrity chef from another shopping channel has a really cool induction set-up.........is it Curtis Stone or Todd English?..........it's not just a flat-top burner, but something fancier  that I saw briefly on TV and made a mental note to look into later.

@novamc1 I believe that may have been TE as it was a smokeless grill/griddle/induction cooktop.  It looks like it's sold out right now, I'll be interested to see what folks have to say when it comes back into stock.

@novamc1 I just saw on Evine that the smokeless grill/griddle/induction cooktop is back on the air.  It's actually a CC product not TE as I first thought if you want to take a look.

Respected Contributor

@momtochloe

I think the  presentation I was thinking of was on Evine Live  by Todd English for his item #442-661  (1800 watt multi-purpose induction cooker with ceramic griddle.)  At any rate, I recall it looked pretty good.    Also fairly costly.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ignore product number I gave above for Todd English 1800-watt induction burner with grill........just go to website.  It looks completely different now for that product that it did just hours ago, and the price is lower.   (What's going on over at that channel, anyway?  Weird!)

Honored Contributor

Tee hee @novamc1 I didn't want to bug you but I so agree about Evine and their prices.  One grill is like $140 and the other is in the 80's (but they jack the s&h up to almost $18!).  Although I am a fan of their CC line, I do purchase carefully from that channel.

Respected Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

Thanks @novamc1. I'm leaning towards a Nuwave after reading the good reviews about it. Gosh I see some really expensive brands out there...like in the hundreds of dollars. Those are out of my league but I think a Nuwave might work for me.Woman Happy

ETA:  the Nuwave Titanium is 1800W. This is probably the one I need.

@SilleeMee I see Ming Tsai is going to have the TS on HSN on Friday, November 10 and it may be that he will be bringing an induction burner with him for a good price . . . Smiley Happy 

Ming sells NuWave..I think..I have 2 NuWave..Love them..the original nay had 10 degree increments, so I bought the newer, larger on with 5 degree incr3ments..makes a huge difference

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Pacemaker being used in the house, can't use an induction burner. Smiley Sad

Valued Contributor

I had purchased a Copper Chef induction burner from Sam’s Club a few months ago and took it back. It cooked really uneven to the point I experimented with a scrambled egg. The middle cooked along with one corner, all the rest stayed raw. Did not like it. Will take suggestions here and when I do buy again will find one that is 1800 watts or better.