Honored Contributor

Copper Chef Induction Burner?

[ Edited ]

Anyone have this already? I'm looking for an induction cooktop and I see there is this Copper Chef on the Q for $40 with free shipping but is it any good? I need it just to boil water, nothing else. TIA

K46731

k46731.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Re: Copper Chef Induction Burner?

I purchased the coper chef pan with the induction burner set that was on QVC recently and even though I had the burner turned up to sear it took a long time for just water to even begin to show some sign of getting hot with just a few bubbles even after 25 min. , maybe I'm doing something wrong as I'm new to induction cooking but the whole experience was disappointing.

Valued Contributor

I've been looking at induction burners.....it seems like forever....and can't make up my mind. 

Most of the higer rated ones are 1800 watts and the Copper Chef ones are 1300 watts. 

Respected Contributor

@hayseed00  that for for the information, it's good to know since I am not familar with induction cooking either.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have two different brands of  induction burners and a gas cooktop (the latter one I don't really like and wish I had my old glass cooktop back from  a former home). 

I also own many different types of cookware...........non-induction-compatible stainless steel,  induction-ready  ceramic-coated,  Le Creuset enameled cast iron, Induction-ready stainless and more.  

I've found that certain types of stainless (depending on what type of bottoms they have) are very slow to heat up on the gas cooktop, and they make me miss my glass cooktop. 

I've also found that certain induction-ready pans may  work better or worse on the induction burners, again depending on unknown factors in how they are made and what they are made of.

It's a trial-and-error process figuring out which cookware works best. on which cooking surface.    I'm still workin' on it!!  But will say that the Le Creuset works best on everything.

Regular Contributor

I've read this one is not powerful enough to boil water quickly, so if that's what you want one for, I'd say look elsewhere.  I'll be in the market for one eventually, but I haven't done a lot of research yet - just enough to know this one is not for me.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Having said everything I said above, which admittedly  was confusing, I'd advise anyone contemplating an induction burner purchase to get the most powerful one you can find.  I have an 1800-watt and a 1500-watt, and the more powerful one is far easier and faster to use.

I'd skip a 1300-watt, based on my experience with the more powerful ones.,

I would not want to do without an induction burner.  It's very useful and fun to work with, if you've never owned one.

Honored Contributor

@dal23 wrote:

I've read this one is not powerful enough to boil water quickly, so if that's what you want one for, I'd say look elsewhere.  I'll be in the market for one eventually, but I haven't done a lot of research yet - just enough to know this one is not for me.

That's what I keep running across when I go to read the comments about this CC cooktop. It's probably not the one I need. Thanks@dal23

Honored Contributor

What brand do you own? @novamc1

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee

The brands I own are a NuWave and a Tramontina.