Honored Contributor

Re: Copper Chef Induction Burner?

[ Edited ]

Thanks @novamc1. I'm leaning towards a Nuwave after reading the good reviews about it. Gosh I see some really expensive brands out there...like in the hundreds of dollars. Those are out of my league but I think a Nuwave might work for me.Woman Happy

ETA:  the Nuwave Titanium is 1800W. This is probably the one I need.

Super Contributor

@novamc1 wrote:

Having said everything I said above, which admittedly  was confusing, I'd advise anyone contemplating an induction burner purchase to get the most powerful one you can find.  I have an 1800-watt and a 1500-watt, and the more powerful one is far easier and faster to use.

I'd skip a 1300-watt, based on my experience with the more powerful ones.,

I would not want to do without an induction burner.  It's very useful and fun to work with, if you've never owned one.

That's very good advice @novamc1. Please, can you tell us if you've had problems with the lettering on the controls wearing off? I repeatedly see that as a concern with induction burners. I am leaning towards getting a Nuwave but I just saw a demo on Evine earlier today for an induction burner and one of the selling points was that their lettering is designed to not wear off. I believe the price was $80.00 and included a large, non-stick square pan.

Thanks.

Respected Contributor

@ChazzyLady

I can't imagine any control features wearing off from use.  It's not like you have to scrub these little appliances after using---if necessary, just wipe off with a soft cloth.  

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee I have the NuWave (the 1500 watt version) and it works great like @novamc1 said and I also agree if the 1800 watt version is available I would snag that one as it will improve the performance of boiling water.  I would have bought the 1800 watt when it was a TS but I had just purchased the 1500 version so I had to take a pass.

Super Contributor

@novamc1 wrote:

@ChazzyLady

I can't imagine any control features wearing off from use.  It's not like you have to scrub these little appliances after using---if necessary, just wipe off with a soft cloth.  

Thank you @novamc1. I really appreciate advice from someone who has actually used a product. 

Not trying to tempt anyone, but I have had my eye on this one by Nuwave since it says it is larger and is 1800 watts:

https://www.amazon.com/Nuwave-highest-powered-Induction-diamond/dp/B014V91LIU

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Thanks @novamc1. I'm leaning towards a Nuwave after reading the good reviews about it. Gosh I see some really expensive brands out there...like in the hundreds of dollars. Those are out of my league but I think a Nuwave might work for me.Woman Happy

@SilleeMee I see Ming Tsai is going to have the TS on HSN on Friday, November 10 and it may be that he will be bringing an induction burner with him for a good price . . . Smiley Happy 

Respected Contributor

A celebrity chef from another shopping channel has a really cool induction set-up.........is it Curtis Stone or Todd English?..........it's not just a flat-top burner, but something fancier  that I saw briefly on TV and made a mental note to look into later.

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SilleeMee I see Ming Tsai is going to have the TS on HSN on Friday, November 10 and it may be that he will be bringing an induction burner with him for a good price . . . Smiley Happy 

Thanks @momtochloe. I'll keep a look out for that TS. November is right around the corner.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@novamc1 wrote:

A celebrity chef from another shopping channel has a really cool induction set-up.........is it Curtis Stone or Todd English?..........it's not just a flat-top burner, but something fancier  that I saw briefly on TV and made a mental note to look into later.

@novamc1 I believe that may have been TE as it was a smokeless grill/griddle/induction cooktop.  It looks like it's sold out right now, I'll be interested to see what folks have to say when it comes back into stock.

Contributor

I bought one because my little apartment didn't have a stove.  I like it, although I think it takes longer to bring water to a boil than a stovetop.  I use the sear function to boil water because it is the fastest.  I have used copper chef knockoff pans with it (they were at a discount store and are called Copper Cook.  They are identical to the Copper Chef line).  Sometimes I think the heating is a little uneven, but overall I am satisfied.  And, unfortunately, I bought mine at full price and paid shipping.