Regular Contributor

Why are microfiber sheets so popular?

Hi all,

I am trying to buy a set of queen sheets online for DD in another state ( a hot and humid one!).  All I've ever had myself are all cotton but I've noticed there are many more

microfiber choices than all cotton ones on most shopping channels and major retailers.

QVC, though, still offers quite a few cotton choices.

Are microfiber sheets preferred by most people or what is the attraction to them?

I've never slept on microfiber myself.

TIA, Seannie

Super Contributor

Re: Why are microfiber sheets so popular?

Seannie, I've never slept on anything but cotton sheets.  I don't think I would like microfiber at all.  I would definitely stick with getting her the cotton sheets.

NickNack1
(formerly NickNack)
Frequent Contributor

I live in NC and it is very hot and humid here. I donated several sets of microfiber sheets as they are very hot and made me feel sticky.  Many places are selling microfiber now because they are cheaper than cotton.

Valued Contributor

I LOVE microfiber sheets. i changed all my sheets to microfiber. they have a softness to them, they are cool in the hot weather.  they do not pill either.  I buy them on HSN when they have sales.  I personally am not ever going to go back to cotton.

Honored Contributor

I had a set.HAD, i hated them, a few days ago i was at homegoods,they had all natural white cotton sheets, never had natural  before, i love them,so soft ,and a set of queen was $39.00.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Valued Contributor

even my husband noticed the difference.... he said they felt softer

Honored Contributor

I love microfiber sheets. They're soft, smooth, easy to care for, inexpensive, durable, and pretty much the perfect sheet material. I've slept on everything at one time or another, and microfiber sheets are the best sheets I've ever found. I found my first set a bit papery feeling until they'd been washed a few times, but after that they've been perfect. I'd recommend everyone giving them a try. For $20 at most places you can get a set of microfiber sheets (in any size) to try,. Give them a try and you may end up finding you love them too.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

I find microfiber to be too hot.  I prefer a crisp cotton.  

Honored Contributor

CalmInTheHeart wrote:

I find microfiber to be too hot.  I prefer a crisp cotton.  

Same here.  I generate quite a lot of heat and nothing but 100% cotton is my choice.  I usually like a heavier, like around 800tc, Egyptian Cotton. 

But, I have also always wondered why microfiber seems to be so popular.  I just figured that it was that most people just don't generate anywhere near as much heat as I.  I also see a lot of cotton/poly blend sheets - no thanks to that one either!

Honored Contributor

I've had several sets of them but didn't like them.  The fabric is cheap and so was the way they were made.  I couldn't keep the fitted sheet on the bed.  After one washing the elastic was shot.

I found the fabric to be light but it had a clammy feeling to it and didn't seem to breathe.  I like some microfiber products but sheets aren't one of them.

Why are they so popular?  They're cheap.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment