Esteemed Contributor

@Bdeezy, You must surely need that candle that you shipped back to yourself.  That's hilarious.  Cat LOL

@bopper, Did you get the H201237 roosters?  That's such a good deal and I think they'll look great.  I want a bigger rooster (I would only have room for one) for an accent table I have in my kitchen.  I wanted to buy H204770 by Valerie, but I couldn't decide because of the high price, so I waited, and now it's sold out.  With any luck, Valerie will keep on offering things like this so that I can get one eventually.  

I need more decorative storage space, too, bopper.  I just today finished putting away all my Christmas decorations, either in the closet or in the attic.  My spare bedroom (AKA junk room) is still in terrible shape, though, full of stuff that isn't necessarily seasonal, so it doesn't really have a designated space to hide until needed.  I get frustrated, walk out, and shut the door.  I did keep out on my mantel just a few winter decorations that I'll put away in the closet later on. 

I didn't get the TSV lanterns last time, either.  They did inspire me to go shopping for more lanterns, though.  I bought two different ones from Hobby Lobby, one of which is 27" tall for my porch.  I bought some outdoor Luminaras on clearance at the time from Bed Bath & Beyond and Brookstone to use with them.  So I got lantern fever all over again with the last TSV.  I am hoping I don't catch the fever this time in February, because I do not need another lantern!

Esteemed Contributor

Everyone, I just looked on BB&B website for the outdoor candles I bought on clearance in the past, and they are sold out, but OMG the Luminara Churchill Lantern is only $29.99.  That is a crazy good price.  Wonder why it's marked down so low?  

I hope all of our lantern lovers here see this.  I will page/mention those from a couple of the lantern lovers threads of the past.  I know I'm forgetting some folks but hopefully those interested will see:

@LTT1@Marsha2003@whitelinen68@whitelinen78

@whitelinen@lucymo@MTH   @BornToShop @countrygal

@rosehill@Just Plain Crazy @Snicks1 @PamfromCT@CANDLEQUEEN @Mominohio @DREAMON

@RedHeadedWench@pinky ann@Susan Louise @mousiegirl

@GCR18

Respected Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@Bdeezy, You must surely need that candle that you shipped back to yourself.  That's hilarious.  Cat LOL

@bopper, Did you get the H201237 roosters?  That's such a good deal and I think they'll look great.  I want a bigger rooster (I would only have room for one) for an accent table I have in my kitchen.  I wanted to buy H204770 by Valerie, but I couldn't decide because of the high price, so I waited, and now it's sold out.  With any luck, Valerie will keep on offering things like this so that I can get one eventually.  

I need more decorative storage space, too, bopper.  I just today finished putting away all my Christmas decorations, either in the closet or in the attic.  My spare bedroom (AKA junk room) is still in terrible shape, though, full of stuff that isn't necessarily seasonal, so it doesn't really have a designated space to hide until needed.  I get frustrated, walk out, and shut the door.  I did keep out on my mantel just a few winter decorations that I'll put away in the closet later on. 

I didn't get the TSV lanterns last time, either.  They did inspire me to go shopping for more lanterns, though.  I bought two different ones from Hobby Lobby, one of which is 27" tall for my porch.  I bought some outdoor Luminaras on clearance at the time from Bed Bath & Beyond and Brookstone to use with them.  So I got lantern fever all over again with the last TSV.  I am hoping I don't catch the fever this time in February, because I do not need another lantern!

SHOPR I did get the lunch time special roosters today .   Is that what you are referring too?  I bought 2 to flank my antique dresser I use in the kitchen.  I thought in the Fall I can put them on the Bay window with my fall stuff.     I have wanted forever Valeries Rooster lamp with the nightlight in the bottom and it never came back in stock.   I also looked at BB&B at the lantern for 29$ and put it in my car.  Haven't checked out yet though.   

OUr shopping here is so limited, No BB&B nor Hobby Lobby ...so I have to count on shopping online.   Thank you for the info.   I'll keep you posted as to if I find anything too Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR that's a great price.  I am trying to cut back on my candle stash.  Thanks for the heads up.

Did you see that last year's luminara lantern TSV is being repeated next month?  I thought they said the next time they offered them, they would make the candle removable?  They didn't.  They added a new color though, slate blue.

Esteemed Contributor

@bopper, Is this your rooster?

This is the larger one that I wanted but didn't get.

Ceramic Rooster Figure by Valerie

I have to usually order things from basically everywhere, so I understand.  No good stores are very close.

Esteemed Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

@SHOPR that's a great price.  I am trying to cut back on my candle stash.  Thanks for the heads up.

Did you see that last year's luminara lantern TSV is being repeated next month?  I thought they said the next time they offered them, they would make the candle removable?  They didn't.  They added a new color though, slate blue.

@GCR18, I noticed that the TSV is going to be a repeat but I didn't realize they had said they'd make the candle removable.  In my paper copy of the Insider, the slate looks sort of seafoam or turquoise.  I will be passing, but I think it's a nice looking lantern.  I just don't need any more unless a unique one comes along that I can't resist. 

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

Everyone, I just looked on BB&B website for the outdoor candles I bought on clearance in the past, and they are sold out, but OMG the Luminara Churchill Lantern is only $29.99.  That is a crazy good price.  Wonder why it's marked down so low?  

I hope all of our lantern lovers here see this.  I will page/mention those from a couple of the lantern lovers threads of the past.  I know I'm forgetting some folks but hopefully those interested will see:

@LTT1@Marsha2003@whitelinen68@whitelinen78

@whitelinen@lucymo@MTH   @BornToShop @countrygal

@rosehill@Just Plain Crazy @Snicks1 @PamfromCT@CANDLEQUEEN @Mominohio @DREAMON

@RedHeadedWench@pinky ann@Susan Louise @mousiegirl

@GCR18

@SHOPR  TY for the heads up! I haven't been in the 'home/holiday' forums for quite awhile...

I did happen to see that VPH will have shows on Wednesday and there will be gardening shows tomorrow...so that I am excited about in this winter dulldrums period.

Thankfully for the most part I have been keeping busy refreshing the home with purging/shampooing carpets/cleaning all our art glass pieces/ and already decorated for Spring/Summer.

Next week I start to sow seeds and DH has already started assembling our set up with the grow lights.

I made a New Year's resolution not to buy 1 more piece of decor this year and only enjoy all the shows. I REALLY want to  do this...seriously!

As for the Luminara Churchill Lanterns, we already have 4...2 black, 2 cream...and then I also got those TSV Luminara lanterns...2 sizes in the red...so we have plenty.

Hope all is well with you! Hopefully by the end of this week or the weekend I'll catch up with all the threads here Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@bopper, Is this your rooster?

This is the larger one that I wanted but didn't get.

Ceramic Rooster Figure by Valerie

I have to usually order things from basically everywhere, so I understand.  No good stores are very close.

@SHOPR  I have the rooster at the top, got him last fall.  He is really nice and well worth the original price and a steal at LQ price.

Frequent Contributor

Well, thanks for this PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT!

There is a 4" difference in height compared to the Churchill at the Q. 3% cashback w/Mr. Rebates. Just have to find something else for free shipping to make the $49.00 for it. Like that will be a task. LOL

Really wanted the height because it is going on a table with geraniums and hanging vine something or other I like to add to the pot, but at this price who cares.

Shopr - if you come across an outdoor black finish inexpensive table, let me know. I have faith in ya kid. The one I purchased from Walmart is too small, the flower pot I finally got was just about the circumference of the table. I had a light feature hanging on for dear life next to it, which I knocked over and broke while taking out the garbage. I got so many compliments on the look from neighbors. I'll just pass this little table on to one of my twins. Tada!  

I was born with nothing and still have most of that left!
Esteemed Contributor

@Susan Louise I've also been itching to start some tomato seeds.  I love home grown tomatoes and they seem to take forever to bear, so the sooner I get started, hopefully the better for me.  ;-)